Interesting new recipe site for the calorie conscience.....

Options
Hi all,

If you are like me, you are constantly looking for something new to eat and need to know the number of calories in the meal. Or maybe you have found a recipe passed down in the family or in a magazine that looks really good but dont know how much damage it will do to your calorie count....

I found a site called Sparkpeople (see url below) that looks very promising. NOTE: I havent fully tried it out so please judge for yourself..... It provides a recipe calulator so you can find out how good or bad a recipe is for you and has thousands of recipes with a slant on healthy. I thought I would share as I know we are all always looking for ways to spice up what we eat while staying on our path to achieving our goals. Good luck to all!

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/home.asp

Replies

• reojames
    reojames Posts: 96
    Options
    I've heard a lot about that site (sparkpeople) recently, but have never checked it out...until now! Very cool! thanks for the link
  • dale49
    dale49 Posts: 37
    Options
    I checked it out but compared to MFP it seems very 'busy' and hard to follow. But maybe that's just me so if it works for you....go for it!
  • bbombard
    bbombard Posts: 17
    Options
    I was just interested in the recipe aspect. I found the rest to be a bit complicated. MFP is the place for me!
  • flattsfan22
    flattsfan22 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've been a member of sparkpeople for years, this is how I lost my first 20 pounds but it is like some people mentioned very busy. What I like about the site is that you can join groups that have a specific interest such at the C25K program and the Chalean Extreme Group etc. You can also look at people's sparkpages which I find a great motivator to look at their progress and what they are doing for their programs. I also like the recipe site which is sparkrecipes.com, I have used many of the recipes from there and they are always great. The MFP site is way more organized and I think has a bigger database for the foods.
  • justinsmom
    justinsmom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks! This is a great site for recipes. I found a ton of Asian low cal recipes. It really is worth checking out!
  • moranc
    moranc Posts: 14
    Options
    Not sure if anyone else has used this, but MFP also has a recipe calculator so if you were only using Sparkspeople for that you have access to one on here. Personally I prefer the one on here more than the one on Sparkspeople but it's all a matter of preference. :happy:
  • mvlaurel
    mvlaurel Posts: 22
    Options
    I just wanted to say THANK YOU so much for your original posting! I had never heard of sparkpeople before, and while I LOVE MFP, I have been able to find some great recipes on sparkpeople, and some of the articles that have been sent to my email have been very interesting. I am not interested in it for the tracking and community stuff that is available here ( this site is fabulous) but it is a great addition!
  • NinjaPrincess
    Options
    I get the motivational emails from spark people but use mfp for all my logging and read the message boards here! I like to have lots of resources to help me along the way :)