why did you gain the weight?

Options

Replies

• droppinlbslikeangels
    Options
    I grew up in an overweight household, and found comfort in food through various moves and divorces.

Now I'm 18, and I feel like I wasted my childhood and teenage years hiding away and stuffing my face, and I'll be damned if I'm going to live my adult life like that!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I turned to eating massive quantities of junk food as a source of comfort.

Wasn't my brightest decision.
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    pregnancy, lazyness when it comes to exersize and huge love of food combined with not being able to say no.

Then i got down to 14stone.. still over weight but not as much, got caught pregnant again, couldnt say no to food again and gained 2 stone.

Think iv done 47days consecutively going from 16stone to 14.14 (as of this morning) This time its for the long haul. I hate what iv done to my body and i know it may require surgery..... but, i want to be me again.

No more late night binges as im no longer doing late shifts (only on a sunday... but im normaly too knackered to think of eating now) More exercise and have even taken up aqua aerobics again and thinking of joining the aqua zumba (sounds like it could be fun)

Its like a new me :)
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Perimenopause.

After NO changes in eating or exercise habits, I have put on 40 pounds in 5 years since being put on b/c pills for the horrendous, debilitating symptoms of the oh-so-wonderful "change of life." And before you say it, when I quit taking them, the migraines, blackouts, vomiting, and periods lasting 3 weeks returned, so . . . I guess I am stuck being fat for now until the hormones settle.

Has your doctor discussed NovaSure with you?

I had a tubal 18 years ago plus a D&C while checking for endometriosis, so the b/c is NOT for b/c purposes. What I'm on is supposed to be the lowest-dose treatment available to deal with the symptoms of perimenopause. They don't want to do any HRT because of a history of breast cancer.

sounds really tough :ohwell: :flowerforyou:
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    drill-fork-o.gif
  • Salvatrucha30
    Options
    Got married .gain 10lbs...got pregnant..gained another 48 lbs..went from 110lbs to 148.....could not lose it..exercise..got better..started looking good..got preggo again!! now I am 164lbs..trying to lose that weight again!! uhhh pain in the *kitten*..;)
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I ate too much and didn't move enough over several (15) years.

My gain happened slowly enough that I was able to ignore/write it off... five pounds here or there over 6 months to a year doesn't look too bad, but as an upward trend, it eventually becomes 50-60 lbs.
  • ClareWantsProgress
    ClareWantsProgress Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    sounds really tough :ohwell: :flowerforyou:
    [/quote]

Thank you for being understanding. Yes, it really has been hard and the most depressing thing I've ever gone through physically. When you are doing everything that is recommended and getting zero results, it is so frustrating.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Perimenopause.

After NO changes in eating or exercise habits, I have put on 40 pounds in 5 years since being put on b/c pills for the horrendous, debilitating symptoms of the oh-so-wonderful "change of life." And before you say it, when I quit taking them, the migraines, blackouts, vomiting, and periods lasting 3 weeks returned, so . . . I guess I am stuck being fat for now until the hormones settle.

Has your doctor discussed NovaSure with you?

I had a tubal 18 years ago plus a D&C while checking for endometriosis, so the b/c is NOT for b/c purposes. What I'm on is supposed to be the lowest-dose treatment available to deal with the symptoms of perimenopause. They don't want to do any HRT because of a history of breast cancer.

NovaSure isn't b/c. It's procedure involving edometrial ablation for treatment of heavy bleeding. It usually stops periods altogether so is only offered to patients past child bearing. My doctor gave me some info on it a couple of years ago.
  • jolene_ca
    jolene_ca Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Going from being able to eat whatever I want and stay healthy, to 6 pregnancies in 6 years and a metabolism that couldn't keep up with my over consumption anymore. Didn't attempt to lose weight in the short time between pregnancies. Now my youngest is 20 months and I've lost every ounce I gained throughout all of my pregnancies.
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Hi_Im_Jess Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    My thyroid is a jerk.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Ate too much, drank WAY too much, and didn't exercise at all
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    Same as eazy_

I had a super high metabolism as a kid/teen. I could eat anything (and did) and did a lot of organized dance/sports/theatre/swimming.

Then I hit my 20's and kept eating the same as my activity gradually decreased.

Also, I'm pretty sure I have developed a food addiction, which is extrememely difficult to control. Sometimes I have to make food choices over the course of an hour. I have literally sat in my car after work and spent ten minutes talking myself out of hitting a drive thru on the way home.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    So I could wear a fatkini!

No, seriously, I got a grown up job working at a desk all day. I had two babies and really struggled losing the extra poundage while breastfeeding. I hated chocolate but ate it anyway. Hated the aftertaste of taffy but ate it anyway. Grabbed a slice of cake on coworkers' birthdays, hated the cake, ate it anyway. Cleaned my plate every time I ate.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    because i stuffed too much food in my face and didn't exercise. oh and i used my ACL injury as an excuse not to do anything for 5 years (AFTER i had surgery).
  • gopherfan53
    gopherfan53 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Chipotle. Didn't discover it until I went to college...
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Quit smoking and ...man do I have an appetite or what!
  • baja572
    baja572 Posts: 94
    Options
    To get healthy..I quit smoking and had to give up my two pots of coffee per day because they went hand in hand. knowing I would gain weight, I went on a diet of salads. 60lbs in six weeks .Little did I know, I was entering into pre menopause. and lets just top it off with a very stressful divorce. All said and done.. I played with the lastest diets to loss weight fast only to gain back and then some.. I didn't give up. changed jobs for a year to whip myself back in shape. Exercised four hours daily and ate very little..lost nothing...and here I am...still battling these fuffy rolls.
  • NatureChik1985
    Options
    I was a lazy couch potato who ate way too much...
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I had a baby and breastfed for a year, and man do I pack on the weight while bf-ing! My blood sugar drops and I just want to eat, eat, eat sugar! Combine that with the lazy life and lots of eating out...recipe for disaster.

Then I went back to school. Stress, Starbucks, wine, and late night study sessions at Denny's all gave me an extra twenty pounds in just four months!