Restaurants w/o Nutrition Info

misspenny762
misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
As much as I try to avoid restaurants without nutritional info available, sometimes it's inevitable. I'm about to go to this sushi restaurant: http://www.japanesetokyorestaurant.com and I'm thinking that the yakitori udon bowl with a side salad w/ ginger dressing wouldn't be too bad... But I'm wondering how to log it. What do you do in these types of situations? I usually try to pick the most similar thing I can find in the database but I'm finding that different entries for these items are wildly different. I'm just wondering what you do in instances like this.

Replies

• bbombard
    bbombard Posts: 17
    I try not to over-think it......... I either find something similiar and select the highest calorie entry ( I am a pessimist :)) or I just do a quick calorie add and add 1000 calories. More importantly I enjoy the meal and just realize that I have to make up for it in the days following. I hope that helps.
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    I try not to over-think it......... I either find something similiar and select the highest calorie entry ( I am a pessimist :)) or I just do a quick calorie add and add 1000 calories. More importantly I enjoy the meal and just realize that I have to make up for it in the days following. I hope that helps.

Me too. I just add 1000 cals, regardless of what the actual count might be, then turn my MFP-brain off and enjoy dinner. Then I make sure I'm really good at meeting (but not exceeding) my goal for the next few days.
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    I look at what the database has and if most entries are similar caloric wise I'll pick the highest. Sometimes I even google search the brands or restaurants that are showing in the database to see what their description is of the food to see if it matches where I'm going.

I'm in the same predicament you're in for a date night on Friday. We're going to a Japanese place so I just MFP my dinner one by one based on what the menu states comes with my meal. I just know since it's a guess that I'll be careful for the next few days.
This discussion has been closed.