Anaerobic, Aerobic, Fat Burning - OH MY!

Options
gspea
gspea Posts: 412 Member
Help - I recently got the Wahoo HRM to help track my calories burned. The app has Anaerobic, Aerobic, Fat Burning zones. I have no idea where I should be - in what zone, for how long, etc. I am pretty close to goal, 110lbs down, working out 4-6x's a week, for 45 mins (that is my goal). I know I have to work harder longer to get the benefit of the exercise now since I have become much healthier and physically fit. I just don't know where I should be in these zones during my workouts. Jogging, biking, fast walks... Anyone with a simple explanation that would help?

thanks

Replies

• mikeatmichael
    mikeatmichael Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I use the ibiker ap with the wahoo dongle. I vary the hr zones for variety. Ibiker uses zones 1-5, if i'm running long I'll stay in zones 2 and 3.

I'm sorry I can't help more, I'm interested in the answers too.
  • phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    ignore zones..

instead look at your workout. make it a goal to try and improve on each one.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Set independence fitness goals...then exercise to meet those goals...when you do that, that will tell you what intensity you need to be working at in any given workout. In my race training I work out in any number of zones depending on the workout...my HRM just lets me know I'm in the right one for what I'm trying to accomplish fitness wise. I don't even call the "fat burn zone" that...I call it the "recovery zone" because it's just recovery cardio really...pretty much walking at a moderate pace. I don't worry about my HR at all when I'm lifting or doing my obstacle course work.