Ladies and Gentlemen, my mother. (Pics!)

Options

Replies

• alwaysgreen17
    alwaysgreen17 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    She looks AMAZING! And more importantly--she looks so much happier! Great job!!!!
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Way to go, mama! :flowerforyou:
  • sarajeanelles
    sarajeanelles Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You look wonderful, congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing - you dropped 20 years as well as 90 pounds! Congratulations on all of your hard work!:smile:

My thoughts exactly!
  • Blessedby2boys
    Blessedby2boys Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You must be so proud! To know that your mom is heart healthy must be a huge relief! And what an enormous accomplishment!
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! She looks so much younger!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    :heart: Good for her!
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Wow! What wonderful job she did. Shedding the weight also shaved years off her appearance. Tell her she looks beautiful!
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    OUTSTANDING J-O-B Mama! No excuses about why you couldn't do it you just did it! You look great and how sweet of your daughter to brag on you! I'm sure she's proud!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! Looks like she also took off over 10 years with those pounds.
  • juiletflt
    juiletflt Posts: 159
    Options
    Wow! I would never have guessed that was the same person. She looks so beautiful.

Your mom is now an inspiration for me too!
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    She looks so great!!! It's so sweet to see that you got your mother involved too :)
  • getrealforme
    Options
    WOW!!! Holy cow your mom looks great, and so much younger. I'm sure you are proud of her, losing 90 lbs is no easy task. She should be so proud of herself. Not only does she look so much better, I'm sure she feels great.
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    How cool is that?!? Your mom took charge and she looks great! Thank her for being willing to share. Us "mature" gals are always looking for inspiration that yes, you can do this at any age.

(In a perverse way, my mom is my inspiration -- but it is because I see what will be me in 25 years if I don't exercise, eat right and take better care of myself. I can't change her but I can change me.)
  • michellechawner
    Options
    AWESOME!

My mom is my inspiration - but she has her pictures up at work - she works at a doctor's office and there is a sign next to the picture -

1993 - "Diabetic, no energy, eating boxes of oreo's for dinner"
    1997 - "90 pounds down, diet and exercise. No surgery, no fad diets, no pills. No more diabetic meds either!"

She had lost a total of 97 pounds. She did gain some back over the years, but I remember this most because I was really young at the time and she would tell me - "I've lost both you and your brother! (I was 8, my brother was 5)".
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Dear Mom,

WOW! You look awesome. What touches me to my soul, is that you have also changed the life of your daughter. She sees what a change in diet and exercise can do for your life.

What an inspiration you are. Not only for her but for ME!

Lookin' gooood:smokin:

Arewethereyet:flowerforyou:
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Wow! Your mom is just beautiful, and looks years younger! How awesome that she took charge of her health and brought you all along with her!
  • luisalg14
    luisalg14 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to your mum! That is amazing!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Yay mom! Good for her. That's amazing results!
  • Nene74
    Nene74 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    She looks amazing, great inspiration! I'm trying to bring my mom in my journey to a better health!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!