• iluvponyz
    iluvponyz Posts: 32
    Options
    Thankyou for all your comments. I think I need to tone up a bit and work
    On my self esteem c
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    So - I'm 5'5 and 147Ibs. I'm fairly muscled (I have 3 horses that I ride everyday so I'm going to be heavier than people with less muscle? )
    After growing up being told I am over weight I have successfully lost a stone and a half in the last 18months. I just want people's opinions on how much more I need to lose? I've not had a boyfriend nor do I think guys are attracted to me so obviously I need to lose around another stone? But I've been consuming net calories of 1200-1400 a day at riding for at least one hour a day. Weekend it's three hours a day and I have dressage and show jumpers so its not a plodding walk its hard work.
    I am not attention seeking I just want people's general opinions - I am hoping that when I get to the right weight I won't have such a negative opinion of my self.
    All good / bad I won't fall into depression - I just want honest opinions !!

I think, if you want to lose another stone/14 lbs because YOU feel you need to that's fine. I would caution against losing it because you don't think guys are attracted to you. Be confident in who you are and what you want out of life.
  • iluvponyz
    Options
    I was just looking for opinions from people who don't know me and are sympathetic. I wanted to know how much weight people think that I have to lose x
  • iluvponyz
    Options
    I mean are NOT sympathetic
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    In your pic of yu in a bikini. I think you look good!
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    You look great. It could be a confidence thing or you are too picky with guys. It's always difficult to truly answer this question unless you ask someone who knows you.
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    If the pic in your profile of a lady in a two piece is you, than your weight has nothing to do with your lack of boyfriends.
  • monica2410
    monica2410 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You look fab! Now start believing it yourself:flowerforyou:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Stop assuming that you not having a boyfriend is related to your weight. There are lots of overweight people in relationships. It could be that you give an impression of simply not being interested. It has nothing to do with how much or little you weigh.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Whether you lose another stone or gain another stone, if you have that attitude that you aren't good enough, lack confidence and such - you aren't going to feel any better about yourself or your situation. It's a bit insulting (and I'm sure you didn't mean to be) that you insinuate that the only way to get into a good relationship is to be thinner.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    My suggestion: Stop worrying about the weight/muscle. The other one would be to consider your cal intake. Seems a bit low to me. With everything you do you could afford more maybe? (I don't know your body. So that's up to you. )

The first thing you must do is realize this is the body you have. Someone out there will like you for it.

You're beautiful. Don't worry about the weight. Be confident in your own skin.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I don't think your weight is the cause of guys not being attracted to you. Since I don't know you personally, I don't know what the problem is, but be assured that you look fine, and it sounds like you are already weight/height appropriate.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    As everyone says, the weight probably isn't a limiting factor in your relationships.

To answer the question in abstract, youth has a lot to do with the bikini picture at 147. I'd aim a bit higher (more cals) with the intake, but another 10 pounds should be fairly easy to drop.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    You should really get to a size that makes you feel comfortable in your skin.. I don't think there's an "ideal" weight you should get to that everyone would agree on. Live well, work out, eat the right things, and everything will fall into place.
    And also - this feeling comfortable in your own skin thing - it's much more about your self confidence than it is looks. Try and find the physical traits you love, dress up, do whatever makes you feel beautiful. It's just as important.

Edit: after looking at your picture, I'd like to emphasize the second paragraph. Tenfold.
  • Hotdawgnothotdog
    Hotdawgnothotdog Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm not much into it so I could very well be wrong, but how is riding a horse good exercise? Maybe it is, I don't know. According to your BMI, you're in a healthy zone but are close to overweight-ness, if you're still feeling insecure than try losing five to 10 more pounds. As far as not having a boyfriend, who cares? Challenge yourself even more and try to become completely happy without one, and one day when you get a boyfriend, you'll be glad you've had both experiences, though don't change yourself for anyone other than you, with the exception of a doctor!
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Losing weight won't make guys find you attractive. Like (almost) everyone else is saying, you need to work on how you view yourself and how you present yourself toward others. Try to be confident with who you are, or at least pretend for a while. See if that helps.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this yet, but let me tell you that your RIDING may actually have to do more with you not having a boyfriend, than anything else (and I agree with everyone else...you look GREAT in your bikini, so it's NOT that part that's the problem). Don't get me wrong, I am NOT advocating that you stop riding....not in the least bit. Frankly, I wish I was you! But I will tell you that men can be funny creatures, and despite their protests to the contrary, they really do like to be the center of attention...especially of the woman they are interested in. Professional / Career women across the world suffer in the dating arena because their jobs either intimidate, compete with, or otherwise bother their potential dates. When I was in professional school, it was a running joke that if you weren't married by graduation (as a woman) you never would be. Now, of course this isn't true, but it DOES sometimes making the looking harder because you are trying to find a man who values YOUR values...namely, the fact that you love to ride. You are looking for that guy who doesn't mind that you're out in the barn most of the day and that you come back reeking of manure (or better...one who thinks you smell sexy because of it!). You need one who will either ride WITH you or will at least support your dreams. They ARE out there, but at 18, you just haven't found him yet.

Keep following your dreams. Be a strong, independent woman. Your prince WILL come.
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I think you look incredible, just need to believe that and you'll see confidence is key to attracting people
  • Way2slk
    Way2slk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Exercise.gif

You are doing fine.
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Spinderella may be right. Certainly when I was riding competitively I had no room or time in my life for anything else and most men do not like that sort of competition!

LegendJenning, it really is hard work at more advanced levels, your bodyweight and what you do with it has so much influence on the horse so your core is good, the rising trot (posting) is like a constant little squat exercise, if you are good you don't really sit on the horse you carry yourself the whole time. Basically just ask any of my old clients from when I was teaching if it is a hard physical workout or not. Also, if you are riding your own horse you have all the mucking out, grooming, carrying tack etc around to add to the riding. It is a good all round exercise in a similar way to swimming or skiing.

OP what you said last about a bit of strength training sounds good.