Do you workout more than once a day?

Options
13»

Replies

• theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    No. I work out hard then leave...life is too short to spend it in a gym! :smile:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    It is completely unnecessary to work out multiple times per day, etc. Most likely you'll end up over training your body and injured. I would suggest setting an actual fitness goal or goals and letting those goals determine what your workout routine looks like...by fitness goals I mean something independent of calorie burn or whatever. You have a deficit built into you diet if you're using MFP properly...you don't need to make that deficit bigger with more exercise...that's why your goal is increased when you log it...you're supposed to eat those calories to fuel that activity.

I am curently training for a couple of races and a Goruck. I run 3x weekly as part of my training. I warm up for my runs with boot camp style PT to help me with my Goruck training. On non running days I weight train in the evenings for about an hour. My races are over in September and my training will switch to a 6 week regimen of military boot camp style training to get me ready for my Goruck.

I usually also go for a walk at lunch on lifting days...I don't really consider that "working out"...just walking to move a little and get my *kitten* out of my office. I eat my lunch at my desk while I'm working...and/or commenting on MFP forum topics.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    I work out 1 to 3 times a day.

I run every day. I lift or on alternate days do bodyweight exercises and stretching at lunch on weekdays. And sometimes I run a second time.

I have a long range (6 year) marathon time goal and I want to continue placing in my age group in all the local races I run.

Plus I like the way it makes me feel.
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I do morning stretch/cardio exercize like 7 minute workout,. During the day i use bicycle as transport mean and drive around 20 km. Another half or full hour is walking. In the evening last but not least 30-60 minute circuit/weight training. 3 times a week I run 5 km. Can someone tell whether or not this is enough? My count is around 600-700 calories and my muscles are really sore :/
  • Leah_Alexis
    Leah_Alexis Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I go to bootcamp Mon/Wed/Fri in the mornings and I'm there for two hours including my shower afterwards.

I go to the gym and do cardio for an hour Tues/Thurs during my lunch. I shower afterwards. I eat lunch at my desk when I get back to the office. My work schedule is flexible and If i'm gone longer than my alloted time (1hour lunch) I just stay later or make it up later in the week.

Evenings Mon/Wed/Fri would be something light such as walking with the kids or going to the park. Bootcamp kicks my butt.

Evenings Tues/Thurs I do my workout video (Chalean Extreme).

The weekends are kind of up in the air. Depends on who's sleeping in that day. The day I'm up early with our youngest we go for a walk to check out the big trucks. Haha I'd consdier this my rest day. The day where I get to sleep in I do my workout video (Chalean Extreme) later in the afternoon.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    5-6 days a week I have a 45-60 min workout. Currently, when weather permits it's usually hiking. Otherwise it's usually a mix of weights and a Turbo Fire HIIT workout. When the weather was cold all the time I did Turbo Fire according to their schedule. And before that I was doing Zumba DVDs and step aerobics with added weight.

I also do mini-workouts in my office 1-3 times a day for 10-15 min. just to keep from sitting too much. These vary a lot based on my mood and whether I'm sore from the previous day. Sometimes it's calesthenics like pushups, tricep dips, planks, squats (currently doing a MFP squat challenge), hip thrusts. Sometimes just low impact aerobics. Sometimes resistance bands or a light kettlebell.
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I usually do an hour boot camp class at 5 AM and then an hour of running in the evening
  • jenwarship
    jenwarship Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I do a six day workout class (3 days cardio/kickboxing, 3 days resistance bands/strength training) and I've been adding in additional workouts here and there. I started biking 20-30 minutes a day or walking. Not too intense b/c my workout class is pretty intense. I also just try to be aware of my body- if it's hurting in the wrong way I slow it down. I've gotten sports injuries a few times and know the importance of not pushing too hard.