Breakfast Suggestions

Options

Replies

• Lmns218
    Lmns218 Posts: 155
    Options
    You guys are making me hungry lol

I am not a big breakfast eater and struggled with finding stuff to eat and stuff I actually want to cook. So I started nutrient extracting....I bought a nutribullet and mix 2 cups of green leafy veggies, up to 2 cups of any fruit, top it off with a booster (chia seeds, flax seeds, raw nuts) and blend!!!!! It's pretty fulfilling and under 300 calories....plus I at least get my servings of fruit out the way for the day :)
  • borncreole
    Options
    Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie:

1 Banana
    1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
    1/4 cup milk of your choice
    1/2 Tablsepoon Hersheys Syrup OR 1 teaspoon Cocoa Powder
    1 Tablespoon Honey
    1-2 Cups Ice

Blend until smooth.
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Lots of good ideas! Bumping for later!:bigsmile:
  • FFFIC
    FFFIC Posts: 13
    Options
    ALL NATURAL PANCAKE RECIPE... NO PROCESSED ANYTHING!!

- 1 ripe banana
    - 2 whole eggs

That’s it. Just mix together in a bowl and make sure the banana is all mashed. Then spray your pan with some "spray & cook" or coconut oil. On a low to medium heat, scoop some of the batter into the pan & give it about 20-30 sec, flip, and done! Serve and eat!

*Some advice would be to make them small so its easier to flip

Under 250 calories, nearly 14g of protein! No processed anything! These pancakes are gluten free, low calorie.
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I normally rotate through 3 breakfast choices.

1. English Muffin, Peanut butter and apple slices
    2. Two whole wheat pancakes with jelly and 3 slices of turkey bacon or 2 links of turkey sausage
    3. A breakfast burrito with a small tortilla, 1 egg, 2 diced pieces of bacon, diced peppers, onions and mushrooms.

All of them are between 300-400 calories and can easily be made at work. I make the pancakes on the weekend and freeze them in packs of two and then just pop them in the toaster.
  • rhondaec
    rhondaec Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Bump to save :)
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    oatmeal
  • Michellekutz1
    Options
    there is a really good recipe on here for steel cut oats in a crock pot, you put in on the night before and is ready in the morning!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Yogurt
  • janel867
    janel867 Posts: 53
    Options
    I *love* making smoothies like this for breakfast (minus the mango then add a green apple and greek yogurt) but always do it in the morning which complicates my morning routine. Good to know it can be made the night before :)
    I usually need something easy and fast so I make a shake at night and take it to work for breakfast the next morning. Like tomorrow, I am having a shake that consists of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, spinach, frozen mango chunks, and a banana. I drink it at my desk in the morning at work.
  • Chelz2013
    Chelz2013 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    A lot of great suggestions!

If you need something ready to go in the morning, you can make a big batch of oatmeal (with whatever toppings, raisins, nuts, etc you like) ahead of time, then portion it out to heat up the morning.

You can also make the "egg cups"... mix your eggs, pour in muffin pans, add toppings (don't overfill!), then bake ahead for mini omelet servings. Put 2-3 in baggies for individual portions.
  • loriwhitefaith
    loriwhitefaith Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    where do you get chicken chorizo?
  • loriwhitefaith
    loriwhitefaith Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    that was a great idea
  • katrien_girl
    Options
    Bump
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    My new must have breakfast, 2 minute french toast in a mug. 1-2 slices of bread (I'm using Ezekial 4:9 cinn raisin), an egg, oz or so of milk, sprinkle of cinnamon. Cut bread add to rest of ingredients in the mug, nuke min a two. Add drop of vanilla extract etc before nuking if you wish. I've been using Walden farms pancake syrup. Fast & hardly much of a clean up.
  • RoyalMoose11
    RoyalMoose11 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    This is getting quite the response!

I tied to get chicken chorizo at the whole foods butcher but they didn't have it. I did get hot italian chicken sausage for a meal to be determined, though!

Thanks folks! SO many great breakfast ideas for the next food shopping trip.
  • jeremyclark35574
    jeremyclark35574 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Since joining mfp, ive started eating 6 smaller portioned meals. More energy in the day and feel great.
  • FatVsCarbs
    Options
    Avoid cereal, grains, wheat, toast or bread (unless fermented...such as Sourdough or Gluten Free) or carbs in general
    Greek Yoghurt does amazing things with some berries. (try not to eat too much fruit....fruit can = lots of carbs)
    Eggs and bacon! Lots of yummy bacon! (Try cooking your bacon in bacon fat!!!!)
    Lots of butter.
    Avoid anything orange or yellow.
    Spinach! Spinach + egg??? yum!

Good luck!
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I skip breakfast :o
  • TrainEliteCom
    Options
    Here is what to stay away from. I always knew Egg Mcmuffins were bad, but this is horrific. I can't believe people eat this regularly. http://trainelite.com/how-bad-is-an-egg-mcmuffin-for-you/