Is your Burger a Healthy Hamburger??

Options

Replies

• sara0ann
    sara0ann Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Turkey burgers! I also sometimes make sweet potato burgers, which are awesome! If I really feel like beef I only have half of the burger and half of my regular toppings- if I feel like beef, I really want to taste the beef anyway ;)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Yes

2625223578_fddb78423b_o.jpg

I'm not usually a donut lover (worked at a donut shop for years and lost my taste for them) but that looks really good to me.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Gosh, the burgers with doughnuts for buns just *look* gross. I'd rather eat the burger with a fork and then eat the doughnut afterwards.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    We use the 93/7 ground beef and make sliders! They are much smaller than your typical burger! Top with grilled onions and hot peppers! YUM!!!
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Turkey burger!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Why are hamburgers called hamburgers when they don't contain any ham?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    We only buy 80/20 ground chuck, as its my husband's favorite. We don't make "hamburgers" usually, just the patties with onions, garlic, and mushrooms. We go to Whataburger close to once a week. I just make room in my "diet", cutting back as necessary in other places.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Yes

I'll take 2 please....:drinker:
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Why are hamburgers called hamburgers when they don't contain any ham?

Who says they can't? I put ham on mine in the form of bacon.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I buy 85/15 or 93/7. My husband prefers them fattier, so it's a toss between the two. I sometimes like to eat the hamburger with no bun, but with A.1 Steak Sauce. Eat it like a steak. Yummers!
  • GinaMarieG27
    GinaMarieG27 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Not eating the bun seems the most popular. Is it because of the high calories of the bun?
  • GinaMarieG27
    Options
    THAT LOOKS SO GOOD!!!! LOL I definitely am even more hungry now.
  • GinaMarieG27
    Options
    Yes

LOL
    I would eat that if it was the only thing i could eat all day. I would just lay in bed until tomorrow.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Gosh, the burgers with doughnuts for buns just *look* gross. I'd rather eat the burger with a fork and then eat the doughnut afterwards.

I have to agree. I don't like the mixture of savory and sweet.....my tastebuds rebel. Same reason I don't like plum sauce or orange sauce with meats.
  • GinaMarieG27
    Options
    I use large pieces of romaine lettuce for the bread. So good.....

Great Idea, I would like that!
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Usually I get the 93/7 beef. But right now I am using the leftover patties from the last b-day party, they are 80/20.

I use a sandwich skinny instead of a bun (unless I'm at someone else's house) Saves a few calories.
    I use lettuce, tomato, ketchup, mustard, and sometimes mayo And sometimes pickles (depending on if I planned for the burger or if it was a surprise). The sodium in the pickles, and the calories in the mayo really add up!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I make my own 1/2 whole grain focaccia bread and cut it into squares, then in half for buns if I want one. Nice crusty chewy liquid holding crusts for low cal...

I love making focaccia. It's easy and makes the best sandwiches, but I've never put a burger on it. Thanks! I'll have to try it.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    There's nothing inherently unhealthy about beef with a higher fat content. Often times I have trouble hitting my fat minimum, so I need to eat fattier cuts of beef and fattier hamburger.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    90/10 grass fed beef. I put some gluten free bread crumbs (rice crumbs?) gf BBQ sauce, an egg, garlic, parsley and S&P to taste. Burgers are awesome, we make them so often we have a professional quality burger press from my hubby's old butcher shop. I will sometimes sautee onions and shredded zucchini and add them to the mix also.
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Venison, baby!