MOVIE THEATER RESCUES?! Help with snack ideas...

Options
Popcorn makes me so bloated and I always end up with the sugar crazies after eating it.

I'm looking for good suggestions of healthy snack food to smuggle into the theater that is munchable!

Replies

• victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    A bag of baby carrots, and if that's not snacky enough some hummus to dip them in ^.^
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Thanks---I appreciate any suggestions!

Keep them coming....(please!)
  • jaz100_nz
    jaz100_nz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Do you need snacks? I take a can of coke zero in and don't worry about snacks. It's only a couple of hours. You aren't eating because you are hungry, it's just mindless snacking.
  • mflinn84
    mflinn84 Posts: 35
    Options
    If you are going to a theatre, I think something crunchy like baby carrots or crispy pita chips would just be too loud. Although they would be PERFECT for a movie at home. Some other alternatives for a public theatre:

-Small serving of gummy bears
    -Dried apricots/bottled water (sneak 'em in!)
    -Fig Newtons
    -Coffee
    -A couple of those Fiber One bars (would be about 300 calories for two)
  • KatAdele
    KatAdele Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Trail mix?
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Grapes and almonds are my personal favorite. I'll also do a slushy or chocolate covered raisins if I can fit them into my calories.
  • wanderlustlover
    wanderlustlover Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I take a ziploc container in my purse every time now:

- carrots and hummus
    - sliced apples and cashew butter
    - sliced lunch meat
    - string cheese
    - bag of nuts (almonds, walnuts, cashews, pecans)
    - bottle of water

I don't eat much processed food, but it it helps as a go between on someone who does, you could consider those "100 Calorie" snacks from the grocery store, too.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Piccklleeeeeeee. I love snacking on them with popcorn and though they have a good amount of sodium, they are always low in calories!
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    sugarless gum, pumpkin seeds, bring a tea bag n get water not soda. Some theaters will actually let you bring in an empty "go cup" ask.... I drink iced, spiced green tea all the time. ;P
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Homemade air popped popcorn :-)
  • laf0195
    laf0195 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I just went to a movie and just had a diet soda. If I had bought popcorn or candy or something, of course I would have eaten the whole thing even though I wasn't hungry. As someone said, it's just mindless snacking.

However, since you asked for suggestions, and I hate unresponsive posts, why not bring in one of those little individual serving bags of pretzels or baked potato chips? Other suggestions above are good, like carrots and apples. :)
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Ate 1/2 of a medium bag of Carmike buttered popcorn to the tune of over 1000 calories the other day, wont do that again
  • wendalyse
    wendalyse Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I like a cut up apple with 2 of the low calorie Laughing Cow cheese triangles smeared on them.
    Also today I had a long wait for an appointment and it was dinner time and I was starving. I went into the pharmacy and looked at the granola and protein bars, comparing calories, fat, carbs, etc. Even though the regular chocolate bars (like Mars Bar, Snickers, Caramilk and others, don't have the protein that the protein bars have, calorie wise they are around 250, which is similar to the count in the protein bars. I believe that occasionally, occasionally, it's not a bad to have the real thing. That said, I didn't eat anything until I got home for dinner.
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Even though they're not healthy, I get a box of Junior Mints. They're soft and creamy and have TONS of flavor. Who needs the 1000 calorie bag of popcorn if you have something just as tasty?!?
  • wendalyse
    wendalyse Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. I've done stuff like that too. The other day I scarfed down about 20 Breton's crackers. Then I looked at the calorie count. It was 90 for 4! I didn't even really like them. I won't do that again either.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    drink a protein shake before...
  • jmarsh9
    jmarsh9 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for chips when I go to the movies, but I usually end up mindlessly eating the whole bag! Now I bring kale chips- it's a delicious, salty, crispy and really healthy alternative, and they're super easy to make!