Jiggly Thighs and Belly Pooch

Options
EjaneK11
EjaneK11 Posts: 209 Member
I know you can't really pin point a area to lose weight. But I recently lost 24 pounds. My thighs still got that jiggle to them and I still got a pooch just smaller. Any workout plans that are good for those areas?

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Get a good, full body lifting program with compound movements, do some cardio and continue to eat at a deficit.
  • mdn15
    mdn15 Posts: 145
    Options
    sumo squats; regular squats, dead lift; eat clean; run
  • EjaneK11
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Running is a great way to firm up the thighs and doing sit-ups while holding a good amount of weight to your chest should firm up the belly.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    It will take some time for things to firm up but I definitely recommend weight training. Check out Stronglifts, Starting Strength, NROLFW, and Wendler. Pick which one you'd like to try and go for it!

If you lack equipment, check out Convict Conditioning and You Are Your Own Gym
  • Garae
    Garae Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Mix high intensity cardio bouts with planks and side planks! try to build up past a minute in plank if you can!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges with weights.. preferably barbells...

Usually I wouldn't stick up for running but combined with the exercises I mentioned, running actually trimmed down my thighs big time and definitely worked the lower abs!
  • EjaneK11
    Options
    I think I am going to try to start adding more lunges and squats to my workouts. I would like to run more but I can't even jog for very long. But I do walk a lot. But I really am happy with all the good advice and am ready to see what works for me! You guys are awesome! :happy:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to try to start adding more lunges and squats to my workouts. I would like to run more but I can't even jog for very long. But I do walk a lot. But I really am happy with all the good advice and am ready to see what works for me! You guys are awesome! :happy:

Look into Couch 2 5K.. I could never run for more than 30 seconds in my life before a few weeks ago. Now I run for atleast 25 minutes or more every once in awhile
  • EjaneK11
    Options
    I heard about that! I just haven't gotten around to checking it out yet. But I will!