Jumping Rope

Options
Is it as effective as everyone says it is?

Replies

• twinkle941980
    twinkle941980 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. My friend who is a Master Fitness Trainer added it to my gym routine.....umm, I haven't touched it yet! Lol
  • atragicfate
    Options
    I just don't want to waste money buying a jump rope if it's not going to be doing anything haha.
  • TinaRoberts67
    TinaRoberts67 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I got to Curves a week or so ago they posted on my facebook that you burn 11 calories for ever min you jump rope. I keep meaning to find mine..lol
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Seems to work for some pretty jacked friends.

I lack the patience for it though.

Okay, "coordination" is the word I should have used . . .
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    It is an awesome cardio workout. Good way to warm up or do intervals with (crossfit stuff also). Mine has weighted handles so I can add a little resistance. My daughter has about five various ropes so we have jumping "competitions" in backyard...she's five and doesn't stop laughing. I guess it's fun for both if us...I am sure I am more sore, though. You can draw lines on driveway with chalk and jump around in diamonds or back and forth...fun, but, tough too.
  • atragicfate
    Options
    I have the patience, but I have an iron deficiency so my heart rate goes up faster than normal. I can feel it beating when I exercise.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    A jump rope is like $8-$15. It's as effective as the user.
  • twinkle941980
    twinkle941980 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have the patience, but I have an iron deficiency so my heart rate goes up faster than normal. I can feel it beating when I exercise.
    Ahhh, me to, know the feeling. And I have anxiety too!
  • SASSYnCHICago
    SASSYnCHICago Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I started adding jumping rope it between my weight training & ab intervals! It keeps my heart rate high ( I have a high heart beat also) , and it burns more calories as it provides HIIT! It is really hard at first, so keep trying 60 minutes seems long. I finally got up to 2 minutes intervals :) and btw- jump rope aren't expensive and most gyms have them if you ask. Good Luck.
  • atragicfate
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    I'll get one soon!
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    That depends on how you jump! Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxDFUaj5sYY
  • atragicfate
    Options
    I don't have access to youtube right now, so I'll watch it later!