Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Popcorn and sour patch kids.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Oh I plan in advance for a night at the movies. I already know I'm either having popcorn with butter or Nachos w/cheese AND a large regular coke Possibly M&M's or junior mints on the side. I don't go often, so when I do I eat what I want.

I do have to say that a friend put me on to dark chocolate pomegranate seeds, and if you haven't tried them you need to rectify this asap. Pretty much sexy time in your mouth good.
  • emmamaelee888
    emmamaelee888 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    this is very boring.. but I bring in carrot sticks or nuts. there isn't really anything to get there that is any good... though our theater has coffee and tea as well now so sometimes just having a hot drink is nice :-)
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i smuggle in homemade trail mix and small bags of fruit....im not going to pay a small fortune for movie food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I used to get the choc covered icecream and a salty popcorn (and I used to weight almost 20kg more). One time friends and I took large meat pizzas (one each!) into a showing of Charlie & the Chocolate Factory.

There are many studies showing that people eat mindlessly at the movies, regardless of hunger or even if the food tastes any good (google Brian Wansink - Mindless Eating for an excellent example) - that and the ridiculous cost of things made me realise it was a habit worth abandoning.
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I have to admit - I like giving into mindless eating at the movies. (That's why I need a good food to manage the munchies!)
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I don't.

I'll plan on something to eat afterwards, but for me eating at the movies ...in the dark, with a distraction...means I'm consuming food without appreciating it.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I "must" eat something in the movie theatre.. so either I work the calories in for a small ketllecorn, or I bring a pack of chips or m&ms in there.
  • JRChadwick
    JRChadwick Posts: 52
    Options
    I stopped buying any movie theater food.
  • classc1
    classc1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I eat before I go. We buy a kid's popcorn, candy box, and small drink for my little one. But hubby and I do not usually indulge. It's only an hour and a half, at the most 2 hours. We can wait and have something healthy when we get home.
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Usually I eat nothing when I go to the movies. Every once in a while I sneak a small bag of popcorn or frozen grapes.
  • danivee33
    danivee33 Posts: 33
    Options
    I usually have popcorn without butter and work it into my day. Like I won't have dinner.

Popcorn is healthy.

If I don't feel like having popcorn, I have a hotdog and again work it into my day

If I don't feel like either of those I get chocolate covered almonds.

Pop is always diet 0 cal if I get it because those portions are HUGE.
  • christyallgood
    christyallgood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I just took the kids today and I brought my own 100 calorie bag of Orville Redenbacher smart pop. Love that stuff! Oh and also 100 calorie pack of cocoa almonds. Of course I do have to try some of their popcorn tho! I also like the Fiber One brownies for a chocolate fix.
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I just left the movies and had to log my movie theater buttered popcorn and Coke soda, it was very enjoyable. There's nothing like that butter on that popcorn.
  • theundead
    theundead Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Rarely eat anything at the movies, if I do maybe a small bag of chips or a snack bar
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    I like popcorn no extra butter, but only the first layer. LOL The ones deeper in the bag are all broken and just popcorn crumbs. hmmm I wonder if they would sell me just like a red party cup of popcorn. LOL I am bringing a red cup next time and asking.

:drinker:
  • ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My dignity, I eat my dignity. That must be what happens to it because it's gone by the time the coming attractions are over.
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Diet coke and protein bar.
  • nccheesehead
    nccheesehead Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I rarely get to the movies but when I do.. a heavy dose of popcorn with butter is my choice. Its a calorie killer but I work my *kitten* off 5 days a week so I figure once every couple months wont kill me.. or will it? ;)
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I can't do movie theater food...for several reasons. If I were to recommend something then, I would recommend a cup of ice.

8488541.png