a new dress

Options
Achrya
Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
I'm almost at my half way point, loss wise, and one of my many motivations was the promise of a new dress. These are the two I've narrowed it down to, but I'd love to hear opinions (and maybe see your dream dresses) from others.

3189_1.jpg

large8516wm.jpg

Replies

• NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    They're both gorgeous! What a great treat for yourself. I don't know your undergarment situation, but it looks like the black one would need a specialty bra, or at least a strapless. If you have one already, go for it. But if it means you'd need to buy a new bra, that's something to consider. The red one is super eyecatching and pretty. . OMG I'm no help. I want them both.
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Im very much into the same style (i love that website also!). The black one definately. Also check out Modcloth.com. They have some amazing vintage dresses too!
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    LOVE the black one!
  • Achrya
    Options
    Haha, well thanks for trying. I love both, so I'm just stumped. The red seems very light and casual, which I like, but the black is so vavavavoom and I like that too. I have a strapless and a u-cut bra, so that's no issue.
  • toothpastechica
    toothpastechica Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the second one....wish it came in red!
  • Achrya
    Options
    Im very much into the same style (i love that website also!). The black one definately. Also check out Modcloth.com. They have some amazing vintage dresses too!

I love love the vintage style but always shied away, thinking it wasn't for me. But I've decided that's silly and if I like it I should just go for it. I love modcloth too; I waste so much time there.
  • MommaChocoLatte
    Options

I love love the vintage style but always shied away, thinking it wasn't for me. But I've decided that's silly and if I like it I should just go for it. I love modcloth too; I waste so much time there.

Same here.. now Im obsessed with it. Makeup, clothes, 4-5 inch heels... i have like 20 pairs on display in my bedroom lol. My halfway reward is the same as yours... a new vintage style dress. I just havent decided or bought it yet LOL!
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    from a mans point of view,red:love:
  • Achrya
    Options

Same here.. now Im obsessed with it. Makeup, clothes, 4-5 inch heels... i have like 20 pairs on display in my bedroom lol. My halfway reward is the same as yours... a new vintage style dress. I just havent decided or bought it yet LOL!

I'm working on my shoe collection slowly but surely; I just love 'window' shopping, lol.

Did you have any dresses in mind? I would love to see other ideas from someone with the same style ideals.

Also, 3 votes for black and 1 for red. Thanks guys.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Oh hi! So I know how hard you've been working so of course the answer is without question BOTH, doy! But if you need to stagger your purchases I say red first. That just looks like a dress that epic things happen in.
  • MommaChocoLatte
    Options

Did you have any dresses in mind? I would love to see other ideas from someone with the same style ideals.

I had one that I was eyeballing at Modcloth but it sold out before I could buy it. I have a whole board on Pintrest of stuff from that site. I need to go over there an pin some more stuff but I have been trying to stay off there until I can actually buy something otherwise I will fall in love again like I did with the other dress lol. I love everything on the PUG site too, This one caught my eye when I was on there earlier:

http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/summer-dress-anna-black-polka-dot.html
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I love the red color but don't love the ties on the shoulders. I love the shoulders/neckline of the black.

So naturally I vote both.
  • Achrya
    Options

I had one that I was eyeballing at Modcloth but it sold out before I could buy it. I have a whole board on Pintrest of stuff from that site. I need to go over there an pin some more stuff but I have been trying to stay off there until I can actually buy something otherwise I will fall in love again like I did with the other dress lol. I love everything on the PUG site too, This one caught my eye when I was on there earlier:

oh, I like the contrast there alot.
  • Achrya
    Options
    Oh hi! So I know how hard you've been working so of course the answer is without question BOTH, doy! But if you need to stagger your purchases I say red first. That just looks like a dress that epic things happen in.

Haha. Hubby says both is not an answer, that killjoy.

I do love the red, it's just so...different from anything I have.
  • Mrswheels01
    Mrswheels01 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I love the second one!
  • XxYeaIrocxX
    XxYeaIrocxX Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that style, dont have the confidence for it yet.

Def the black one though!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Haha. Hubby says both is not an answer, that killjoy.

I do love the red, it's just so...different from anything I have.

I don't think you can go wrong with either but the black has my vote.

But I think your statement says it all, I think you want the red,s o go for it.
  • MommaChocoLatte
    Options

oh, I like the contrast there alot.

Ya, I love the polka dots with the hint of red in the trim. Super cute. Hubby even liked that one too!
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I vote for the red. Very eye catching ~ that's what you're after, right?
  • Achrya
    Options
    I've settled on the red one, but in the black as linked by mommachoco. I hope you don't mind me stealing your dress. :flowerforyou: I have a clutch in a matte black and black rose hair clips I think will go amazingly. The order for the dress is in...now for shoes.

summer-dress-anna-black-polka-dot.jpg