abs and butt...please help!!

Options
Hey MFPers!
Im having major problems with my abs and butt, I cant seem to lose it! I was wondering if any of you have good advice for exersizes that have worked for you that I could even do at work. (Night audit at a residential treatment center). Any advice would be great! Thank you and good luck to you all!

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    You can not spot reduce areas of the body. Make sure your eating and exercising properly and because those are where you probably store your body fat the most. It will come off jsut eat right and workout. Exercises squats lunges and core execises to build muscle the muscle burns more calories/fat.
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    For your butt lots of sqauts and hey I do crunch even sometimes even at stop light in the car you could do that in your seat at work.....Maybe buy one of those big exercise balls to sit on...also I walk as much as possible...can you talk 15 minutes and go for a walk...I love walking at night...it is so much cooler.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    arms and abs of steel. they say you cant spot reduce but i belive you can
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    they say you cant spot reduce but i belive you can try buns and abs of steel
  • jlcanon
    jlcanon Posts: 21
    Options
    You can certainly tone those muscles, but you have to combine it with cardio. In order to burn the fat off the muscle to get definition you must get cardio in. Diet plays a huge part...sodium and sugar intake is something you should be very aware of. Combination training otherwise known as circuit training will get the job done quicker for you.
  • NineInchGirl
    Options
    Its actually a myth to think that if you exercise your butt..that you'll lose on your butt or tummy area or whichever. Just keep eating right and exercising at least 3 times a week ..oh and drink all your water and you'll lose weight everywhere on your body =)
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Like everyone said, you can not spot reduce, but toning will make a BIG difference.

One leg lunges work well to tone the butt. Have one leg up behind you on a bench or chair and lunge, like a normal lunge. I normally use 17.5 lbs weights but I am sure without weights will also work. At work, you can get a circular tube (versa-cuffs) they velcro to each ankle. And use a chair to stablize you and kick your leg back and tap the floor and slowly bring it in and toe tap, repeat. You can also use for versa cuffs to squat and walk, that creats more resistance in your steps, you will definintely feel that.

Jacknifes with the stability ball is a great ab workout. Planks, and side planks with under arm reach.