What does your healthy breakfast look like?

Options

Replies

• mjhmjhmjh
    mjhmjhmjh Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That sounds lovely! I have strawberries and blueberries on Alpen no sugar added muesli with Alpro milk, and a sprinkling of granola and mixed seeds - with a dribble of half fat evaporated milk for sheer naughtiness!

that sounds divine!
  • mgpolizzi
    mgpolizzi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Here's my lineup for breakfast this week (with MFP calculated calories and fat) all with a cup of decaf and a splash of low fat creamer.

SUN: French Toast with Strawberry-Brown Sugar Sauce 349; 12
    MON: Cereal with fruit 148, 1
    TUES: Breakfast Radish Toasts 209, 10
    WED: Mocha Strawberry Banana Smoothie 180, 1
    THU: Scrambled Eggs Florentine 297, 16
    FRI: Cereal with fruit 148, 1
    SAT: Maple Bacon Strata 292, 10
  • ericthirdrow
    ericthirdrow Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    coffee with half and half (my vice! I swear I'd give up most everything before the cream in my coffee!)

I found it to be pretty easy to cut out the creamer, but I still add a few packs of sweetener. It's a bit of an acquired taste, but didn't take long to adjust at all.
  • TinaRoberts67
    TinaRoberts67 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    m227601338.jpg

Pancakes are made with 1 banana, 2 egg whites, oatmeal. Greek yogurt in between. Drizzle of maple. Topped with sliced bananas.

OH my these look absolutely amazing. I would like to know serv size, calories and all the details please!
  • bad_hair_bear
    Options
    Weekdays - porridge (oatmeal) made with water, with a handful of raisins, a spoon of greek yoghurt and a drizzle of honey mixed in. Sometimes I'll use jam instead of honey (because it turns the porridge pink and that makes me happier than it should do at 25 yrs old. Blueberry jam is the best! - purple porridge :happy: ) Usually works out around 350 calories.

At weekends, I'll have two poached eggs on either a toasted English muffin or a couple of slices of toast. Again, works out at around 350-400 calories. (In fact, I'd have this every day if I could be bothered to get up 15 minutes earlier to cook it, but hey, I'm not a morning person..).
  • bpeaceful
    bpeaceful Posts: 8
    Options
    So glad to have found this cause breakfast is the hardest for me. I can't / don't eat eggs, literally makes me sick. I am trying to learn to like oatmeal, not having a lot of luck but starting to be able to eat a few bites, so I usually just eat a bagel with laughing cow cream cheese, or fiber one bar and /or apple.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    coffee with half and half (my vice! I swear I'd give up most everything before the cream in my coffee!)

I found it to be pretty easy to cut out the creamer, but I still add a few packs of sweetener. It's a bit of an acquired taste, but didn't take long to adjust at all.

I've read that starting your day with creamer in your coffee actually helps you to refrain from snacking. The fat in the creamer make you feel full longer.
  • jaz100_nz
    jaz100_nz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal (made with water) and fruit on work days
    Two poached eggs on (dry) multigrain toast on weekends
    Always served with green tea
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Starbucks Soy Latte, yup I'm one of those, but I'd rather have that then anything else for breakfast, so for me it works.

PLUS it actually doesn't have to bad of macros

150 cals
    5g fat
    10g carbs (8g sugar)
    10g protein
    and 40% of my daily calcium! (not to mention the much needed caffeine :wink: )
  • xxmzangel
    xxmzangel Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    If I'm crunched for time usually just a protein shake with almond milk. The last couple of days however I've been going lighter, as I'm not usually too hungry in the morning, and I'd rather save the calories for later. So Tuesday I had a slice of Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted whole grain toast with 1 tsp butter and a fried WHOLE egg, and today I had another slice of said toast, but with a tablespoon of natural peanut butter. Tomorrow however, I'm going on a decent bike ride, so I made some pumpkin spice overnight oats, that I really hope turn out.

I also like mixing 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder into 3/4 cup Greek yogurt, tastes almost like cake batter to me. I might even try adding a few chocolate chips next time. :)
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    1 cup raisin bran and 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk

1 cup fage non-fat greek yogurt, plain, plus an apple cut into slices for dipping.

1 cup of above yogurt with a banana sliced into it and for a bonus, a half cup of special K red berries over the top.

1 banana and a slice of franz organic seed bread toasted with some herbal tea to wash it down.

I'm not very adventuresome for breakfast. lol
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    3/4 c kashi go lean crisp cinnamon crumble cereal with a cup of vanilla almond milk

3/4 c kashi mixe with no sugar added canned peaches and dannon light & fit vanilla Greek yogurt

Omelette with 2 egg white, one whole egg, cottage cheese, and turkey sausage

I like protein in the morning ;)

And a cup of coffe of course lol
  • anndisme2
    anndisme2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    m227601338.jpg

Pancakes are made with 1 banana, 2 egg whites, oatmeal. Greek yogurt in between. Drizzle of maple. Topped with sliced bananas.

Oh my goodness! Those look awesome!!!!!!!
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt, Eggs and banana.
  • anndisme2
    anndisme2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Lately too rushed to cook, so:

granola or Oat Squares with milk, and a spoon of peanut butter (in the cereal. ... gotta have some protein, or I'll be starving in another hour!)

sometimes a few prunes or half a banana with it also

coffee
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I've always been a cereal girl. My go-to breakfast is 2 1/2 cups Cheerios with 1/2 cup skim milk and a sprinkle of sugar (320 calories). If I eat my carbs in the morning, I don't crave them throughout the day. If I don't have time to eat my cheerios breakfast, I find myself fighting cravings through most of my day.
  • TamiSH2
    TamiSH2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    1 cup cottage cheese with 1/2 cup pineapple and 1 cup v-8 juice
  • hayleems
    hayleems Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup cooked quinoa
    1 Tbsp natural peanut butter
    1Tbsp honey

It tastes like a treat, but has protein and fiber.:wink:
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    2ry63c8.jpg
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Eckridge all beef sausage ( half a sausage, 3.1 oz.), broiled; Kodiak Cakes whole wheat, oats and honey flapjack; 1 or 2 tablespoons of crystallized ginger spread on that flapjack; coffee with white chocolate/macadamia creamer. Sometimes add a hard cooked duck egg.