What do you eat at the movies?

Options

Replies

• Alexxelizabeth
    Options
    The other day I brought in a cinnamon sugar trail mix from Target. I'm doing low carb, so it had nuts, dried fruit, and yogurt covered pieces. It was really hard to not eat a ton, though, and the bag had something like 11 servings in it. You can also do make your own trail mix at Whole Foods Market and there are a lot of healthy options, like dried fruit.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    welp count me out.... POPcorn!!!!! this is a sad truth... I have a refill bucket /tub I buy every year in December at cinemark $6.50 each! this year I got both soda and bucket for $12.00... then my refills for the entire year are $3.00 each!! (side note POPcorn is my all time fave food in the entire world!)
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Stuff I smuggle in:
    light microwave popcorn
    "fun" cereal in a ziplock bag
    baby carrots
    apples
    nuts or seeds
    granola bars
    cup of herbal tea
    chewing gum
    mini bottle of wine and a can of beer (only done this once, I was in another city watching the Met opera streaming, and visited the liquor store down the street because intermission was so long)

Stuff I occasionally buy at the concession stand:
    soft pretzls
    pizza slice
    frozen yogurt
    tea, coffee or diet pop
  • Flyer615
    Flyer615 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Soup or spaghetti. Sure, they're not as easy to get in there. And, other patrons don't really appreciate the slurping sounds, but oh so yummy. Just kidding. I eat popcorn.
  • missemmapeel
    missemmapeel Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I went to my first movie in ages last week. I took with me a container full of the sweetest strawberries with a teaspoon of sugar on top (I like a sweet treat) and a bottle of alcoholic cider. It was the perfect treat for me and killed any kind of a candy craving. Unfortunately, the cider made me a bit tipsy and I lost the plot in the last half hour. Zombies... There were definitely hordes of zombies....
  • gfroniewski
    gfroniewski Posts: 168
    Options
    At my local Regal they have things called GoPicnic packs you can get with crackers and turkey, hummus and chips etc. I usually get one of those. If I am feeling like a treat or have created a big enough deficit I will get some candy! :))))
  • DCruz83
    DCruz83 Posts: 99
    Options
    I usually never eat anything at the movies, don't feel the need to, plus it ain't cheap! I hardly go to the movies anyway and last time I had half a bag of popcorn just cause it was free (and I hadn't begun counting calories or anything). If I had to buy something there, perhaps I'd do plain popcorn. Otherwise I'd consider dried fruits, trail mix, or some healthy cereal if you like the crunchy part.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,550 Member
    Options
    I support the theaters. Every movie I attend, I usually buy:

2 Nathans hot dogs
    Medium popcorn
    Nachos
    Milk duds
    Diet coke

And that's just for me. Easily 1800 calories for one sitting. But who cares...................my movie experience is always good.:happy:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Low fat popcorn popped at home with white cheddar flavor sprinkled on it and a small serving of my custom movie mix: red mini Swedish Fish, Good & Plenty, and Hot Tamales :happy:
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I sneak in a diet coke, string cheese, and a 100 calorie pack of chocolate covered pretzels.
  • MzSierra1
    MzSierra1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I don't eat at the movies. When I was a kid, they played 2 shows plus cartoon and intermission. Now it's only one movie. I figure for just sitting through one show, it's not worth it. Calorie or money wise.
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Small popcorn w/jalapeno slices & butter.
    Large Coke/Pepsi.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Smuggled in food usually. Partly cuz I am cheap, but mostly cuz I don't like movie theater food. And it's hard to find stuff that fits my particular needs. I do get hummus and pretzels though because that is something that fits my budget, my particular needs, and they taste pretty good too.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    i take my own popcorn get skinny pop good stuff
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I smuggled in some beef jerky and berries to one movie, and some almonds to another.

Bring in your own food.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I actually fit it into my day and treat myself, bring my own popcorn and drinks.
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    agree with most of the other people on this thread. not paying for that crap (both in terms of being overpriced and every single thing being junk food). i bring my own snacks!
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I share junior mints with my daughter or I have a pretzel with mustard. I drink coke zero.
  • dlanoux
    dlanoux Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Get a big purse, and smuggle in healthy snacks and bottled water. When you pack your own healthy snacks you can have what you like. I have been known to pack my purse full of healthy goodies.....I usually have to pack a variety of stuff for my husband and three teenage boys. :)
  • GameOfPounds
    GameOfPounds Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Last time I went to the movies,I ate a small pack of pringles (43 g) and a can of peach flavored iced tea. If I take something bigger I'll eat more..