Popcorn

Options
Is popcorn an okay snack? It seems like it would be healthy because the calories are low but wanted to make sure. I don't eat the buttered kind, just kettle corn which adds sugar but not that much. Anyway, any opinion would be great

Replies

• kris2600
    kris2600 Posts: 149
    Options
    Is popcorn an okay snack? It seems like it would be healthy because the calories are low but wanted to make sure. I don't eat the buttered kind, just kettle corn which adds sugar but not that much. Anyway, any opinion would be great
  • insearchofskinny
    Options
    popcorn's a great snack.. rmember to count those calories :wink:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Just check the packaging for info. Popcorn's not usually too bad.
    I pop my own in an air popper, which is hardly anything, and you get 6 cups to eat! And I spray the "I can't believe it's not butter" all over it. It's a GREAT snack!
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    I pop a big bag of Jolly Time Healthy Pop every night. I could air pop my own, but I need portion control. I top it with butter spray and a little sodium free salt. Delish!
  • insearchofskinny
    Options
    butter spray... great idea... thanks!

that would help all kinds of add-ons stick to the popcorn... I've been eating it dry and can't even get salt to stick to it.

hmmm.. cinnamon would stick on...

and there's a dry shaker chhese made special for popcorn.. donno the nutritional values of that.
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    butter spray... great idea... thanks!

that would help all kinds of add-ons stick to the popcorn... I've been eating it dry and can't even get salt to stick to it.

hmmm.. cinnamon would stick on...

and there's a dry shaker chhese made special for popcorn.. donno the nutritional values of that.

I too, do the butter spray...and when I want to splurge, I grate fresh parmesan cheese on top. Fantastic!
  • joyblaylock
    joyblaylock Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Me too on the butter spray! My family thinks I am nuts but I have been doing this for years. Yummy!
  • Lexino
    Lexino Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Butter spray is great! No cals and SOOO good on popcorn. I have orville redenbachers mini bag practically every night- with no guilt
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options
    I eat Orvilles 98% Fat Free Kettle Corn.... mmmmmmmm....salty and sweet ... I love it, and it's a great snack!