Confused!

cazza124
cazza124 Posts: 5
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, i have been doing this for nearly 2 weeks, first week i lost 2lb and now this week i have put it back on! I have stuck to my calories sometimes been under and been the gym 3-4 times a week. Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what i am doing wrong.......?

Replies

• pixieE
    pixieE Posts: 30
    Hi and welcome to mfp :)

You might not be doing anything wrong.
    Have you always gone to the gym 3-4 times per week or is this something new? The reason i ask is because muscle weighs more than fat, so if you've gained back the 2lb you lost two weeks ago, it might be because you're muscle building.
    Do you measure yourself? Your waist? Thighs? Hips? Thats always a good way of telling if you're gaining muscle when you've put on a little weight as you lose inches :)
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    It is such a slow process losing weight! Number one thing to remember, is don't give up and don't let it frustrate you to the point that you don't care anymore. I have done that way too much.

Now, just know that that could be your muscles hanging on to water, it could be that you're building muscle and losing fat and your scale is not going to tell you that. That's why I always say, inches never lie! Keep track of your inches and you will most likely see a difference. Make sure to cut back on fat, sodium, and drink tons of water.

Nutrition is the biggest part of weight loss. Make sure you are getting clean calories and not calories from doughnuts, or burgers. You can stay under your calorie goal and eat nothing but junk and it's not going to help you. Also eat very frequently!

I wish you luck!!!
  • Maggie1960
    Maggie1960 Posts: 322
    Mamarandall, when you say eat very frequently, do you mean divide up your meals into 5 - 6 mini meals and eat every 3 hours or so?
  • MamaRandall
    Yeah. I eat about every 2-3 hours (depending on when I'm hungry). And I eat small portions. For breakfast I'll eat 2 eggs, and then a couple hours later, I'll eat some low fat cottage cheese... and so forth. I love having protein first thing in the morning tho because I notice I don't have those cravings and it gets my body going after the "fast" I took while sleeping. I also don't feel hungry or shaky like I normally would if I had just carbs.
  • Thanks for your replies! i will stick to it and hopefully it is muscle that i am building up and not extra fat. I have always liked going the gym but maybe since i have started this i have gone and pushed myself a little bit more. I will measure myself as well! :)
  • Maggie1960
    Maggie1960 Posts: 322
    Thanks for replying Mamarandall - I shall try that today. Does it keep your metabolism up, eating small amounts of protein frequently? And when do you have your last meal?
  • MamaRandall
    Yeah, It keeps it going through the day. I actually went and talked to a nutritionist about it. He was the first to suggest small meals, which I had heard before, but he confirmed it. He said, if you wanna lose weight (healthy) you have to eat!.

Make sure to add in some healthy carbs here and there too tho. But I usually eat something low fat/cal before bed so I'm not starving. Usually about an hour or so. So even after dinner, I'll eat something. It seems to be working for me! I've lost about 5 pounds this month, but lost 2 inches in my stomache, and 1 inch in my hips and my pants are falling off too! :laugh:
  • If you are approaching your cycle the 2 pounds could be water. I didn't lose the first couple of weeks then I had my cycle and dropped 3 pounds.
This discussion has been closed.