Bit of back Pain after a 6 day work out

Options
It wasn't even that intense a few days where , but not a big lot of it. I took a break yesterday , but the pains gone now. Can i go back to my weights? :S

Replies

• gypy
    gypy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    give yourself 48 hours rest, just to be safe.
  • TonyRi
    TonyRi Posts: 65
    Options
    Bah ok :( Its becoming addictive now ,i will just row instead.
  • gypy
    Options
    Row is also a back excersize. Just take it easy and see how you feel.
    I know how it feels to want to keep going, no matter what!
  • TonyRi
    Options
    I should be ok with the rowing though to be honest , i recently upped the weight on my curl bar so i think my body's might be getting used to it. I put down the weights when i got a bit f back pain and just rowed and i was fine. Might just decrease the weight on my curl bar and see how that goes. I promise you im listening to your advice but i seriously am hooked and i don't want to do my back any major damage , but i cant think of anything else i can do.
  • gypy
    Options
    That's fair enough mate.
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body. If you get any pain whilst you are rowing then stop. No point in hurting yourself to the point you can't do anything. When I aggravated an old injury in my back when I first started resistance training I found some new stretches that really helped and I no longer get pain as long as I stretch out properly after lifting.
  • TonyRi
    Options
    Still got the back pain and i stopped for 2 days :/
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    :::::::::4 years later:::::::::::::

Still got back pain. Lumbar disc blown out.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    A good workout schedule is usually 2-3 days on 1 day off, rinse & repeat. Six days straight with weights is a bit excessive, especially if you are a beginner.

Is it the muscle tissue that's sore or your spine? If it's your spine, be very careful and take a break. If it's your muscle then foam roll it out and keep moving to keep the muscle from tightening up too much.
  • TonyRi
    Options
    I will just hold off for a while then , Its the top part of my back , in the center. Kinda tingles/hurts when i stand up. Its gone again now , its coming and going. :/
  • TonyRi
    Options
    Highlight in black where the pain is. Its gone now , its no serve pain its mild.

2w2fwvs.jpg
  • Mrsallypants
    Options
    Definitely not lumbar. In the thoracic area. Could be a lower to mid trap strain from rowing.

Trapezius-Muscle.jpg
  • TonyRi
    Options
    Definitely not lumbar. In the thoracic area. Could be a lower to mid trap strain from rowing.

Trapezius-Muscle.jpg

I will stop for a week. I had this pain before from when i was 18 stone , But it just went away.
  • Mrsallypants
    Options
    I have a pain in that area but it's the spine - it's a disc bulge in the thoracic spine I got from having poor posture when doing a hack squat with weight on my shoulders.

spine_post_bh1.jpg
  • Claire_x90
    Claire_x90 Posts: 94
    Options
    rest and doctors if you are not 100% sure. You are exercising for health right? sometimes you need to rest for health too...

is it actual pain though or muscle soreness?

I have a really weak lower back so whenever I do anything that slightly uses it, but especially things like deadlifts I get a lot longer soreness than I do for most of my body even though I my weight range is percentagely a lot lower for them
  • TonyRi
    Options
    Ok so , pains virtually gone that's just over 6 days rest. However im worried to start lifting again.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9282922.htm#pdpProductReviews

Would a weight lifting belt be ideal for me? To support my back?
  • gypy
    Options
    I'm glad that your back is feeling better.

Belts can help, I tend to only use them on my big lifts though. You would be better off perfecting form mate

Edit: Just saw your diagrams above, a belt won't help there.
  • TonyRi
    Options
    I'm glad that your back is feeling better.

Belts can help, I tend to only use them on my big lifts though. You would be better off perfecting form mate

Edit: Just saw your diagrams above, a belt won't help there.

Cheers man , Is there any weight exercising i can do without putting to much strain on my back then? By the way the rest seems have to created a few bulges in my arm lol. I really think my body needed this recovery :/ Feel like such a *kitten* over doing it.

Bench press's for my chest? Ive got a work bench so laying down on that and lifting? :S

:D
  • gypy
    Options
    Just look online at excerizes that do not engage your traps. Bench press if fine.