Peanut butter snacks

Options
I will try peanut butter on almost anything, today I mixed a tablespoon of peanut butter with dry chocolate cheerios... Yum

Anyone else have any peanut butter snack ideas?

Replies

• sjd2010
    sjd2010 Posts: 106
    Options
    The only way I can eat apples is with peanut butter:laugh:
  • theatremack
    Options
    Someone posted today about dark chocolate peanut butter dreams!! Yummy!! They also have white chocolate and cinnamon raisin, among other yummy goodies. Google it - I found the jars at my local Kroger/King Soopers. They also have to-go squeezable packs that look great for on the go. I like it on low fat graham crackers, or nilla wafers, or even apples!!! YUMMY YUMMY PEANUT BUTTER!!
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    When I'm feeling really decadent, I'll spread a tablespoon on a dark chocolate cherry granola bar (Kashi brand). Mmm... peanut butter... I have days where I'll eat it right off the spoon.
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    Have you ever tried melting the pb in the microwave? It makes it even more decadent for apple dipping! It also makes the pb go further so that you do not need as much. I think that pb is the ultimate comfort food!:drinker:
  • shellee9tj
    shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite snacks (which I had about an hour ago) is a spoonful of natural peanut butter with semi sweet chocolate chips morsels sprinkled on top, YUMMMY!!!:bigsmile:
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    It's good melted in coffee too.... (I'm a PB nut, love it love it love it!)
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Oh snap...! In my 90 days of calorie counting I haven't touched my dear old friend peanut butter. Away, foul temptress! haha :P
  • prestoncaleb
    prestoncaleb Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Me and my nephew made microwave smores over the weekend. We used dark chocolate and I put pb on mine :-)

A bit weird but kinda addictive...I have mixed organic unsweetened peanut butter with rice vineger and chili paste and added to noodles or used as a coating for chicken wings...

I can't buy regular peanut butter (ie Peter Pan, Skippy) anymore because I love it so much....I'll eat the whole jar in one day. I have to buy the freshly ground stuff that's not as sweet.
  • bethanybclayton
    Options
    I just eat a straight spoonful of peanut butter for a snack lol...or on apples
  • Voyhia
    Voyhia Posts: 2
    Options
    I mix peanut butter with nutella, and dip a few honey wheat pretzels, great snack for me!!
  • allieg1
    allieg1 Posts: 6
    Options
    Now that one sounds great! LOVE nutella!
  • antiadipose
    Options
    It's good melted in coffee too.... (I'm a PB nut, love it love it love it!)

wow! i must try that!

ok here we go.

i put my dear PB on oatmeal, rice cakes, apples, pears, bread, crackers, ice cream, banana, frozen banana, strawberries, smoothies, and..... drum roll plz....... YOGURT! u have to try it before u say anything!

my favorite DESSERT (i usually say its a snack but think in my head DESSERT)...
    yogurt, chopped apple, crunchy PB, cinnamon...... YUMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!! its like nutty apple pie.

im so glad i add it to food now. when i first started medschool i literally would forget to eat... id have cereal in the morning .. 20 coffees and then id get hungry and realize i only have time for a one ingredient dish LOL PB!!! and i mean i had like a 1/2 cup of it!!!!! no joke.
  • steadyasigo
    Options
    I make strawberry jam every year. nI the morning with my Ice Tea no sugar, I would have it on toast with my jam. Since I have joined this site I have stopped and now am eating oatmeal.

I would also peel back a banana and put peanut butter on that which is really good.
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    I love peanut butter! With chocolate is my FAV but I have had to mend my ways and switch to bananas : ) Honestly I could just spoon it right out of the jar and into the ole kisser! My favorite peanut butter is the natural kind you have to stir!
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I've been a peanut butter junkie all my life...I too would basically eat it on anything. I like to spread it on a toasted lite english muffin and drizzle honey on top. Yummy!
  • DJackson230
    Options
    Thanks to you folks...I have just added a few things to my peanut butter diet!...
  • akaDumbo
    akaDumbo Posts: 187
    Options
    Peanut butter, cooked chicken and raw blueberries mixed together, weird but wonderful
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    two ways I eat my PB spread on carmel rice cakes one or two almost every night, the other is spead on a women:noway:
  • nettip
    nettip Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    my son loves it on his toast
  • WifenMom
    WifenMom Posts: 40
    Options
    Hey!
    I too LOVE peanut butter - it's not always so friendly when you are trying to count calories and lose weight though ..so I wanted to mention the great peanut butter alternative I found at Trader Joe's. It's called Better n Peanut Butter.
    It REALLY low in calories/ fat - 2 TBSP is a serving ...and it tastes GREAT. It's sweet ...but still satisfying that peanut butter craving.

I like to take mine and put in on the whole wheat deli thins!