Progress on 5:2 diet/alternate day fasting

Options
beelox
beelox Posts: 7 Member
So far in just 6 months I have managed to lose 73lbs - want to lose another 30lbs to reach my goal...

rlgot0.png

Replies

• Alicemay24
    Alicemay24 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That's incredible! You look awesome! where you being really careful and counting calories on the non-fast days?
  • 33pirate
    33pirate Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Great job!!
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    how does this program work?
  • Bssh
    Bssh Posts: 123
    Options
    You look terrific. Really well done. I <heart> intermittent fasting :-)
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Well done mate.

Like the shades and boat shoes as well ;)
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    wow! great job!!! I keep telling my husband he should try this diet, since he refuses to count at all.
  • beelox
    beelox Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone - The "diet" is the simplest I have ever tried - always had weight to lose in my adult life and seemed to have tried everything but never managed to stick to it..

this hardly needs any willpower as you only have to "suffer" for one day then the next you can eat what it was you really wanted..I dont stick rigidly to the 600 calories - sometimes I go over by anything between 10 - 100 especially if i have done exercise that day..

The weight loss has slowed now but thats understandable - i am still losing about 1-2lb per week which considering i still manage to drink alcohol 1 or two days a week - have fry ups once per week - indian or chinese on occasions i cant complain - It means i can still eat cakes and pastrys on occasions...the weight loss so far is only since january 6th - and in that time i have been on vacation for two weeks where i didn't restrict myself at all and a number of weekends away too...

the only other thing i now do is exercise - 3 times a week - just cardio - usually treadmill and cross trainer - started just walking but now do a little running - nothing dramatic - 10 - 15 minutes at 5-6mph - not bad considering i couldnt wal on it for more than 5 minutes at 2.5 mph without getting out of breath...

my blood pressure is right down at normal level - in fact at one stage was too low and i have had one of my blood pressure meds taken off me - my blood glucose is back at non diabietic levels - all be it controlled by drugs but again i had one diabetic table reduced to one a day and another from 3 to two a day so getting there....
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Incredible progress. I'm just starting out on a IF approach, so I love seeing your success. Thanks for sharing!
  • Mrsshellers
    Mrsshellers Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing and as I am someone thats just started the 5:2 (3 fasts in!) you are a real motivator!

I started doing the diet to support my hubbie so I hope we do as well as you have!

You look great!
  • c_30
    c_30 Posts: 12
    Options
    Awesome transformation!! A well deserving congratulations :o) xox
  • lilisa81
    lilisa81 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well done. I have just started the 5:2 and was stuggling to stick to my fast today. Seeing your amazing results has given me a boost and I will get through the day.
  • Yourgoingtodothis
    Options
    Amazing transformation you look fantastic! Well done and great news on your meds getting reduced.
  • angelatjones16
    Options
    You look great. Keep up the awesome job!!!
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Super amazing progress!
  • PrimalPixie
    PrimalPixie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You're doing so well. Congrats on your loss!
  • getrealforme
    Options
    WOW!!
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    This is amazing! Well done! You must be feeling on top of the world.

I have just completed week four and have lost almost 5lbs. The loss has been slow but Im losing inches as well, clothes are loose, skin is good, lots of energy even after nights I dont sleep well (fasting days in particular)
  • luisalg14
    luisalg14 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    what an amazing transformation. congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!