Ladies and Gentlemen, my mother. (Pics!)

Options

Replies

• MellyLikestoRun
    MellyLikestoRun Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I don't even know you or your mom, but your post and her photos got me all choked up. She looks so healthy, happy, and radiant! Seeking and celebrating good health as a family is truly a gift. I wish you both the best....
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! The same thing happened to me. Most heart disease is preventable! Congrats to your mom!
  • eustinjean
    eustinjean Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! What an inspiration! She looked like an awesome mom before, but after????? She looks healthy, radiant and ready for WHATEVER life brings her way!! I am truly inspired!
  • costafortune
    Options
    Mom looks GREAT! Her new lifestyle has given her quality years. She is radiant! Congratulations to her, and thank you for sharing her inspirational story!
  • Texasparis
    Texasparis Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Truly inspiring! Your mum looks amazing! Thank you for both for sharing this! I am truly humbled and feel pathetic that here I am at 47struggling with losing my last 14lbs! Just what I needed to pull myself together! Thank you!
  • elainemorris1982
    elainemorris1982 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    wow, amazing, well done to you mom xxx
  • littlecjhatton
    Options
    Heck yes, good job Mom! :)
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    WOW how great for your mom!! She looks at least 10 years younger now and I love her new hair do! I bet she feels fantastic :smile: Pretty mom! :heart:
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Great job, Mama!! You look FABULOUS!!!!!!
  • anniegail1961
    Options
    Hi There:
    There's nothing more precious than Time!!!!
    Your daughter / Mother bond is very strong!
    I wish you this blessing:
    " May the most you wish for-Be the least you get"
  • tbodega
    tbodega Posts: 186
    Options
    Congrats to your mom for taking charge and getting healthier.
    She looks great!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Ahhh wow! She looks fantastic! I'm sure she feels great too. Congrats Mom!

There wasn't really a specific person that I was inspired by. I've always had insomnia and tried every sleeping pill out there and they all made me feel like crap. My doctor PROMISED me that I would sleep like a normal person if I exercised regularly. I followed her advice, quickly changed my diet (because you can't really workout effectively after a burrito) and never looked back. I sleep like a huge baby now.
  • murphey21
    murphey21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Wondeful job! Your mom should be so proud of herself that she is healthy and enjoying life again and I can already see how proud of a daughter you are of your mom's success! Thanks for sharing the story and congratulations to you both!
  • kacdragon
    kacdragon Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You would not even know that the two women are the same woman! She is a great inspiration and I hope that the rest of your family is following her healthy lead!
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Go beautiful momma!!
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    That's awesome for you and for her! She looks marvelous!
  • bijouchocolat
    bijouchocolat Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Way to go Momma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Well, Mom today YOU are my inspiration! As I am a woman (probably about your age) who has high blood pressure, high cholesterol, am about 50 pounds over weight AND had a Mom who had a heart attack and a stroke: you have reminded me of the real reason I am here. Better overall health. Thank you, daughter, for posting about your Mom.

Quite an accomplishment.
  • shailaja00
    Options
    Wow! Your Mom looks wonderful - What an inspiration!
  • Skye_NS
    Skye_NS Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    She looks totally different and there is a sparkle in her eyes. Well done.

^^^ this the sparkle!! that was what I was looking for...You're sparkle is glorious! WORK IT!

^^^ THIS & This! Sparkle is the perfect word! Momma, you look beautiful! It is so wonderful that you took such a scary event, something that many people would use an excuse to do nothing, and turned it into a positive life change for yourself and your family. I wish many of my family members had your courage and drive! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!