How often, and how long do you exercise?

Options
2»

Replies

• mark996
    mark996 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    It depends on where I'm at in my training cycle. I usually work out 5-6 days a week, at least 30 minutes. There have been workouts that have lasted over 2 hours, but I'd say the average is around an hour or so on weight training/strongman days, and 30-45 minutes for cardio days.
  • ChristyMomx3
    Options
    My problem is I am at home with a 2 year old and no stroller. So exercising isn't very easy for me. Plus I hate it. lol
  • Michaela722
    Options
    My days vary according to my training schedule for my half marathon. But as an example, here's this week's schedule.

Monday: 3 mile easy paced run and a 60 minute weight training class (Total Body)
    Tuesday: 8 mile tempo run
    Wednesday: 1 hour on the ellipitcal
    Thursday: 4 mile easy paced run and 30 minutes of strength training
    Friday: 11 mile run
    Saturday: 1 hour on the ellipitcal
    Sunday: 4 mile easy run and probably a 30 minute swim.

I was supposed to do a 1 hour strength class again today, but I'm whiped out right now. Going to take it easy today and only do the ellipitcal.
  • Michaela722
    Options
    My problem is I am at home with a 2 year old and no stroller. So exercising isn't very easy for me. Plus I hate it. lol

Can you join a gym that offers child care or buy a stroller? I am home with a 4 year old and 18 month old and my DH is deployed. While my 4 year old is at preschool, I run with the toddler in the jogging stroller. Or I take both of them to the gym while I workout. I also pay a babysitter to come 2 evenings a week so I can do my longer runs. (Don't want to push a 27 lb baby for 11 miles).

I got to where I had to make it a priorty for me. I actually traded in my dining out money for the month (we follow the Dave Ramsey plan) for babysitting money. Now, I use the money to run instead of eat out. LOL
  • ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Most weeks I exercise 6 days a week. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Duration depends on what I'm doing, but it could be as little as 45 minutes or as long as 2.5 hours. Average is 60-90 minutes.
  • mable10
    mable10 Posts: 39
    Options
    Every day...except the days I don't (haha). Seriously, I try to get in something everyday like a P90x DVD, jogging, elliptical, walking. I feel soooo much better too!
  • unocentavo
    unocentavo Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    -Strength training/Superset Split routine 5 days/week, Mon.-Fri. 45 minutes.
    -HIIT cardio 15 minutes/day, Mon.-Fri. after strength training.
    -Ab Ripper on Saturdays.
    -1.5mi jog on Sundays.
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    At least 30 minutes 3/4 days a week. I am still working up to more.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I workout 2 hour everyother 3 days a week and 3 days 1 hour a day. This is on average and 6 days a week with maybe light cardio on the 7th day
  • oxokatieoxo
    Options
    I do 6 days a week at 2hrs a day. I do an hours vigourous house cleaning in the day then 1 hr cardio at night
  • bbombard
    Options
    35-50 minutes of brisk treadmill walking 4 days a week.
  • lovinyoutwo
    lovinyoutwo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I work out 6 times a week and rest on Saturday. i walk at least 30 min a day on the treadmill. 3 times a week I do Tae kwon Do and the other 3 times a week I do strength training with weights.
  • AEROBICVIC
    AEROBICVIC Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I workout 5-6 days a week depending on my training routine. i teach Aerobics, Cycling and Zumba several classes a week and weight train 3-4 days depending on my aerobic schedule. i try to mix it up by power walking and hitting my hill in our backyard (4 acre hill) so i try to keep variety.
  • JustAnotherBob
    Options
    Six days a week for cardio - alternate days for strength training ... upper body one day, lower body the next. Have been told the muscles need time to regenerate and repair themselves.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I do between 20 and 40 mins 6 days a week.
    I try to mix it up so my body doesnt get used to doing the same thing day after day, so in an average week I do one swim (30 mins - thats all I have time for in my lunch hour) One dance session on my Playstation dance mat (40 mins or so), One or two sessions on my mum's elliptcal (20 mins) and then 2 or 3 20 min sessions sessions on my stationary bike.
    Although I just ordered the 30 day shred dvd today, so i'll be doing that from tomorrow.

I have to add that I used to HATE exercise with a passion. Even when I first started dieting I'd just watch the food and tried to be a little more active day to day, but I didn't exercise. I started when I hit a plateau. Not only did it get the lbs moving again but after just 2 weeks I started to look forward to my workouts, a concept that was completely alien to me. Not only do I love working out now, but if I don't do it I feel really restless.