LOT of weight to lose, looking for support :)

Options
12346»

Replies

• charianna2
    charianna2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm over 50 and I'm 200 lbs over, Need lots of support... :smile:
  • pamelawvonbergen
    pamelawvonbergen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was recently diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes and it is defintely due to my weight and lack of physical activity. I have over 130 pounds to lose, I have struggled with weight for many years now but as I have seen people die from complications of diabetes I am determined to turn this around. I started at 320 - then joined MFP at 304 in May 2013. I have been diligent in tracking everything I put in my mouth and it is working. I am down to 287, 17 pounds lighter - WOOHOO!! The funny part is I eat constantly, I have just changed what I am eating - FAST FOOD is gone !! We do still eat out 2-3 times a week but I plan ahead and still have a tasty, low-cal meal. The foods I crave I still eat in small doses - a chocolate bar cut in 4 pieces last me 4 days - 53 calories a day and I savor each and every bite !! I bought a scale so I can weigh my proteins and I always measure my food. Now I am getting pretty good and knowing just by looking. I have fresh fruits and veggies bagged up and ready to eat !! Who would of ever thought that I would just love cauliflower?? LOL I would love to have some support and give support as well. Please add me and good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • TabbiKat15
    TabbiKat15 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys! I just joined Mfp last week and I'm trying to lose a little over 100lbs. I'll support you in your journey. Hopefully I'll have you guys support in mine. :)
  • becca3737
    becca3737 Posts: 1
    Options
    Boo :P xxx
  • jesserunsfree
    jesserunsfree Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm out there with a lot of weight to loose too, around 130+ would love friends to help me and I can help motivate them too
  • pchesnut
    pchesnut Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    HI I am still fairly new to MFP and need to still lose about 80lbs so I would love to become friends. It's always good to learn from the success of others. Good luck
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I need another 52 lbs
  • Tiramisu1
    Tiramisu1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good luck, to you. I need to lose 100 but it feels like a 1000. I'm doing the 'one day at-at-time' method, as I still think about food constantly, especially now that I am tracking it, so thinking in terms of weeks or months is just too overwhelming. Also, focusing on the health benefits, rather than what I will look like is important to me. Think about how healthy you will be inside, and how much better you will feel, rather than how you look. Know that you are a great person whether you are thin or heavy, and love yourself. Having challenges such as weight control can make us not like ourselves, and that really is a poor way to assess if we are worthy of friendship or love. Sorry to sound preachy, but I know some folks who cannot like themselves unless they feel they are "perfect." We all have challenges, it's just that those of us who are overweight have very visible ones. :)
  • suchaprettyface70
    suchaprettyface70 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have about 80+ lbs left to lose before I get where I want to be (180 or less). I would love to have more friends on here to inspire and find inspiration from on this journey. It helps so much to know you are not alone out here. Come on by. :D

Tia
  • duckgirlpdx
    Options
    I'm new-ish here as well. Been on MFP about 4 weeks now, but this is my first post. Started at 225 and am now down to 214. That's 11 lbs in 4 weeks! I've never lost weight before, so I'm pretty excited, lol. My goal is 150 but even that would put me in the overweight category, as I'm 5'5". Geez, when I think about it that way, it gets a little discouraging. But I continue on... I could use some support and encouragement, as next week I'm going out of town for 2 weeks to visit family. You are all such an inspiration to me! xoxo
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Well you came to a great site to lose weight, you can add me for support.