What is the BEST brand of coffee?

Options

Replies

• Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Which ever one my assistant used to make the coffee for me...

LOL
  • DesdemonaRose
    Options
    I have been thinking about trying something new too! I am digging this thread. I have been on a Peet's Major ****son Blend as well. It use to be their main caffinated coffee where I live but all of the stores switched to Forte, which I am not as big of a fan of :(

The Casa Cielo flavor is pretty good, but seasonal I think.
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    Brown and Jenkins. Great coffees.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Whole bean I like Kicking Horse (especially kick *kitten* or grizzly claw) or Cherry Hill. For cheaper, grocery store brand I like Superstore's West Coast Dark. Can you tell I like a dark roast, and black to boot☕
    LOVE Kicking Horse! We get 4 cans a month delivered to the house. It's fabulous!
  • Barbsunshine
    Barbsunshine Posts: 398
    Options
    This is the very best I've ever had. They're local to WV but ship fresh roasted beans anywhere!

http://www.blackdogcoffee.net/

Its been a while since I've ordered from Black Dog. The coffee is great, I particularly enjoy the Ethiopian Harrar and Guatemala Huehuetenango.

On a side note, I can't choke down coffee with cream and sugar. If I can't have it black, I don't drink it.

I used to live close to the owner of Black Dog and he would deliver it to my door. Now I'm a couple of hours away so I need to mail order. He now has a retail store open in Kearneysville that serves fresh brewed coffee, sandwiches, bakery items made by local folks, etc.
  • shmatichka
    shmatichka Posts: 93
    Options
    Colombian roast, I soooo love the slightly acidic nutty flavor yum mm :)
  • goshnames
    goshnames Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness. I am so excited to try all of these. I'm really going to set aside some funds every month to order new types of coffee. Excellent suggestions!
  • chileheadmike
    chileheadmike Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I roast my own. Can't get any fresher. Ethiopian Harrar is my favorite. I usually get something from Central America as well, they're not quite so intense. French press, no cream, no sugar to get in the way of great coffee.

http://www.sweetmarias.com/index.php
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Gevalia.

When I'm not being cheap and drinking Folgers (which I enjoy as well), I like Gevalia too. I've been a fan of their teas for 10+ years and their coffees for a few now.
  • Amson19
    Amson19 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of Caribou blend. Tried it in Minnesota on vacation and have been drinking it ever since!!
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    call me crazy, but I like General Foods International coffee. That stuff is pretty good.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    any
  • heenyhome
    heenyhome Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I make espresso at home and my favorite would have to be MauiGrown Coffee in the Lava Flow dark roast. I've been ordering the whole bean bags for about 5 years and haven't found anything I like more. It's a little spendy but I order a 5 pound bag each time and it lasts a few months.
    Also, Batdorf & Bronson is really good - Dancing Goats blend.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    If you live in a reasonably-sized city, visit local coffee bean vendors. Better grocery stores often sell good beans as well, as do coffee shops. If those sources aren't available, look for sources on the web.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I buy Green Mountain Dark Magic Espresso (the whole beans... I grind them at home). I also like their Country Vermont and French Roast. They have quality coffees in all kinds of roasts, plus organic versions.
  • Maribel_1986
    Maribel_1986 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Lion 100% Kona Gold
  • wwhite72082
    wwhite72082 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This thread inspired me to put in a long-overdue order with Black Dog Coffee. I ordered 1/2 pound of Ethiopian Harrar (Roasted 6/27), 1/2 pound of Organic Bali Blue Moon (Roasted 6/28), and a 1/2 pound of Guatemala Huehuetenango (Roasted 6/28).

9190616685_3ff963467c_z.jpg
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I buy beans from local coffee shops that are roasted locally...then again, I live in Seattle.
    I do the same thing, but I'm in NC.
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You want magical mornings? I suggest you go to Disneyland LOL! Coffee there costs so much it better be magical!

I'm glad you posted this topic though, I could use some coffee pointers myself.
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    i usually drink fresh roasted coffee. nothing better. But coffee is such an individual thing. It's really really difficult to suggest. I love independent coffee shops, but my hubby will only drink Tim HOrton's.