Shave what???

Options
FitForeverAgain
FitForeverAgain Posts: 330 Member
Ok, I'd prefer to hear from the women on this topic, as they're the only opinions I really care about on this topic. I cycle alot, and keep in pretty good shape. Cycling culture has always included a bit of a ritual that people who consider themselves cyclists and want to "join the club" - shave their legs. This used to be for reasons of getting massage, healing road rash, etc. Those that aren't pro's still do it to show their dedication to the sport - and it shows definition beyond belief.

So, here's the questions, ladies...

1. What would you think of a guy like me laying next to you at the pool with legs closer shaved than yours?
2. Where do you start - and how do you keep from slicing your legs up?
3. Any other good / bad points about shaving your legs I haven't thought of?

Thanks!!!!

Replies

• mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I am disappoint.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't think it was strange, but I used to go with a cyclist. You just lather up and try to be gentle.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Forget shaving, get a wax.

I actually wish shaving was a cultural thing for guys too like it is for women. Furry is fine, there just seems to be so little variety in this area concerning men and variety is the spice of life! :wink:
  • Kimi0371
    Kimi0371 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Shaving legs is a PAIN!!! I wish I could stop without being disgusting. Don't even think about starting when you don't have to!
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Men that shave never bothered me...in fact, I like the 'neat' look of it.

Your answers:

1. I wouldn't think anything other than dang...wish MY legs were that smooth!
    2. Start from your ankles and work your way up.
    3. Good points...nice and smooth. Bad points...after a few days you get prickly! Haha!
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I am good friends with a guy who shaves everything except eye brows and hair. He is one of the sexiest men I know! I don't see anything wrong with a man shaving. He shaved for sport reasons as well. I say go for it.....but consider waxing as an option as well. If you shave your legs, be careful around the knees!
  • jeslaughter
    jeslaughter Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'd prefer to hear from the women on this topic, as they're the only opinions I really care about on this topic. I cycle alot, and keep in pretty good shape. Cycling culture has always included a bit of a ritual that people who consider themselves cyclists and want to "join the club" - shave their legs. This used to be for reasons of getting massage, healing road rash, etc. Those that aren't pro's still do it to show their dedication to the sport - and it shows definition beyond belief.

1. What would you think of a guy like me laying next to you at the pool with legs closer shaved than yours?

Thanks!!!!

Well...if ya want to hear from an old broad, here is my two cents worth.
    I have dated body builders that shaved their legs, chests and arms..etc...honestly, I thought it was pretty sexy. A previous boyfriend, shaved his legs and chest everyday in the shower, start from the ankle and work up, use lots of lotion, I have used hair conditioner for shaving my legs, it also moisturizes as you shave. I know some men actually get their legs/body waxed and yes it does hurt the first few times you do it but it gets way better and you only have to do it every few weeks.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options

Thanks!!!!

Please be at your house between the hours of 12pm and 5pm today, someone will be by to take your man card from you
  • kelseyjane1105
    kelseyjane1105 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well... I like manly men but shaved arms, chest don't bother me... So I guess legs probably wouldn't either! I would be careful with regular razors... Women's wouldn't be strong enough.

Sounds weird, but what about your face electric razor??? haha
  • lightdiva1
    lightdiva1 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't find it strange at all, but I know cyclists.

Starting point- If this is your first time, use a trimmer first. Next, apply a generous amount of soap or shaving cream to the leg. Use a new razor. Go slowly. I start at my knees and shave there first than move to my ankle and shave upward. Make sure to rinse the razor after every stroke. Go slowly.

You will itch. You will likely get razor rash. Diaper rash cream helps tremendously if you get razor rash. So does deodorant.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options

Thanks!!!!

1. I'd be a little taken back, but it wouldn't be a big deal to me!
    2. If you can shave your face each day without slicing it up, then you're good. Lather up with shaving cream or conditioner, start with the ankles, rinse the blade often. Moisturize when done.
    3. Good - even tans! Bad - it's a pain in the *kitten*! (why do you think we go so long in between shaves during the winter?!)
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    :noway: I would whisper and laugh with my girlfriends about the dude that shaved his legs that sat beside me on the beach. Sorry, I assume you wanted honesty... :flowerforyou:
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    DON'T DO IT! Shaving is a big ol' pain.

I like my men with a bit of fur on 'em, but if I had a guy next to me with shaved legs (probably better shaved than mine because I have knobby knees and can't for the life of me ever remove hair from them), I'd ask for pointers.

As for where you start, work up from the ankles, but where would you stop??
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Oh - if you're going to shave something, PLEASE let it be your underarms!! Nothing worse... gag!!
  • megabyt23
    megabyt23 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Your hair will grow back quicker each time, and it will probably be thicker. hahah it wouldn't weird me out. Hair on legs doesn't bother me, but I'm not a huge fan of hairy guys anyways.
  • ShellK71
    ShellK71 Posts: 33
    Options
    don't like super hairy guys. But shaving is a pain in the you know where to keep it up. But it's your choice. I know swimmers that shave too.
  • FitForeverAgain
    FitForeverAgain Posts: 330 Member
    Options

Starting point- If this is your first time, use a trimmer first. Next, apply a generous amount of soap or shaving cream to the leg. Use a new razor. Go slowly. I start at my knees and shave there first than move to my ankle and shave upward. Make sure to rinse the razor after every stroke. Go slowly.

I didn't know hearing someone describe shaving their legs could actually been done and sound sexy!
  • Johanne1957
    Johanne1957 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Please be at your house between the hours of 12pm and 5pm today, someone will be by to take your man card from you
    [/quote]

^^^...lol...too funny!!!
  • pwall921
    pwall921 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    WAX WAX WAX. Or Sugar. Lasts soooo much longer.
  • lightdiva1
    lightdiva1 Posts: 935 Member
    Options

I didn't know hearing someone describe shaving their legs could actually been done and sound sexy!

Well thank you.