My thighs are so big!!

2»

Replies

• gamerkiwi
    gamerkiwi Posts: 93 Member
    Keep losing weight and you'll lose the butt and thigh fat.

Also, work out your upper body with some weight training to build some lean mass and balance things out. I am a man with a large butt and thighs (partially because I did squat-centered workouts that made me look like a T-rex) and focusing on my chest, back and arms helped balance things out, so I look more normal.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    All of your measurements are proportional. Just keep working on your diet and fitness.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    My thighs are 24". :huh:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Lol, the exercises that you are doing will only make your thighs bigger. Look at the women in the insanity workouts.
    Long distance running slims down legs, or so I heard.

Wait...
    /measures thighs
    /compares to April
    But...two inches down? I've lost more in my thighs than across my belly button and hips combined (and I'm bitter about it but I digress)

Op: moar squats! I'm about to get some kind of pro squat ticker, I swear. I love them.
  • Marygtl12
    Marygtl12 Posts: 13 Member
    Mine too .I do take comfort in the fact that pear shaped women tend to have less heart health and diabetes issues then their apple shaped sisters.As I lose weight it is always from the top down.I say I melt like a snowman.:smile: Cardio will take off the fat and the exercises will tone and strengthen your legs and make them look better. ( I do a lot of walking and I know I have some well toned muscles under my chubby knees ,LOL. )Unless you are on some kind of steroid you won't bulk up.Keep on with what you are doing and enjoy a healthy fit body .
  • kirstyfairhead
    kirstyfairhead Posts: 220 Member
    It's a women's curse. Our bodies love to make sure that the last bit of fat we lose is in the first place we want to lose it. Boobs shrink in an instant, butt, thighs and tummy hold on to the podge forever.

Your weight for your height is pretty good though so I would recommend that you keep up that deficit and do strength training. It will firm up those muscles and give you some definition that will be revealed as your body fat comes down.

This is the tough bit though.... you will only reduce body fat slowly and you don't get the same level of satisfaction from seeing that scale dropping so it is likely to take a bit of determination to stick it out.
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Any help? fat thighs I have :(
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    I actually embrace my large thighs.:happy:

If your endurance isn't fabulous, like mine was, try cycling instead of running.
    I started taking spin around a year ago and my thighs/butt really toned up from the climbs and jumps.

Now that I've built up my endurance with cycling, I can do a decent long distance run unlike in the beginning.
    It's probably putting the cart before the horse and not recommended by fitness professionals but that's how it worked for me.:drinker:
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    You know what... Just rock 'em, continue to work on your fitness & realize your own beauty!
    <<< I've got "thick" thighs too! <3
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Lol, the exercises that you are doing will only make your thighs bigger. Look at the women in the insanity workouts.

You're wrong.

I lift heavy weights, do lots of heavy squats each and every week, and I am shrinking all over. That includes my big thighs.

OP, ignore this lady. Also ignore the Tracy Anderson suggestion. Just eat at a slight caloric deficit and start a strength training program that is based around compound movements. Most popular on this site are NROLFW (New Rules of Lifting for Women), Stronglifts 5x5, and Starting Strength.
    Why am I wrong? Because its not possible to build muscle on a calorie deficit?
    Well, it's difficoult, but not impossible, especially for beginners.
    Also, I didn't say she will build muscle, I said they will get bigger. For the simple reason of water retention.
    I'm on a calorie deficit and my thighs got bigger, I'm doing insanity.
    When I did heavy squats(last year) on a deficit, guess what, my thighs got bigger.
  • FrayaLace
    FrayaLace Posts: 14
    5' 3"
    124 lbs
    Waist: 26.5"
    Hips: 36.5"
    Thighs: 23"

Both of us are going to fix our measurements, just don't waver because you're upset and soon you wont have anything to be upset about.

People like you and I put most of our fat on our thighs and hips and that fat is the last we loose.
  • caber_tosser
    caber_tosser Posts: 105
    Big thighs and butt are bad on a woman???

INSANITY I SAY!!!
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member

more visible muscles due to fat loss =/= increase of muscle mass
    And more visible muscles in the lower body will look bigger in proportion to non-muscled upper body.
    So it's either whole body workout routine, or bigger thighs...
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Huh. My thighs are 22" and I love them! They are toned and sexy. I walk (a lot!), run when I'm not injured and squat (a lot!).
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    I am pear shaped as well. I notice that when I run a lot during the week, I lose inches in my thighs and calves. Good luck!
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    LOL you know you can't spot reduce, but you want tips on, well, spot reducing ...

Just keep eating in a deficit and working out. You can't gain muscle in a deficit...

sorry thats all I got...

:drinker:
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    I can't help you there, since my thighs are about the same size as yours and I think they're pretty hot.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,810 Member
    Whoa...I have like the exact same measurements as you do except I'm 2 inches shorter....and I weight about 20 lbs more than you. Keep doing those squats and lunges, muscles and a firm booty are sexy!
  • IAteBethDitto
    IAteBethDitto Posts: 98 Member
    I'm an apple shape and I'd far rather be a pear because that's much healthier.

Seriously, best learn to love what you've got and concentrate on being the healthiest, strongest you!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    I'm perplexed that someone whose profile picture says "add me on Instagram for motivational fitness pictures" would post this kind of anti-motivational thread.
  • Lillyloooo
    Lillyloooo Posts: 174 Member
    Bump