Trying this instead of WW

Options
A2Zscents
A2Zscents Posts: 34 Member
I lost about 45 pounds on WW about 3 years ago after having my second daughter. I have maintained ever since but getting kind of sick of the same plan. I find myself eating the same foods because I'm comfortable with the points etc. I need to shake it up a bit. Any suggestions or advice for a newbie?? :)
Thanks!

Replies

• Meezlinda
    Meezlinda Posts: 2
    Options
    I just left WW. This is free and I like that way it shows ALL the items.
  • katherinelilja
    katherinelilja Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I lost my weight on WW, it was the only thing that worked for me, maintaining on MFP. It is good, but I miss the meetings, that's what kept me accountable. Try the forums or chatting with someone about it, that connection to others is what makes WW so successful.
  • jakesfitness
    jakesfitness Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! what are doing besides your diet to help lose weight?
  • CJ_Coco
    CJ_Coco Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am down 43 lbs. I lost the first half on ww and the rest on here. Still have 37 to go! This has worked great for me! Just as good actually. Get familiar with your app and log daily... don't forget that zero point veggies are not zero calories, so track those too! Good luck!! :0) if u stick with this faithfully, it will work for you! And its free. I also use runtastic app and when I go walking, it uploads that into my daily calorie goals automatically. I really like that, as a mom, wife, employee, college student, etc. ;0) simple is better!
  • baristagirl7
    baristagirl7 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    So I am an online fitness coach. What I do is have people start a program like T25, TurboFire, Insanity, P90X and also drink Shakeology on top of that. And I have my own fitness group on FB a Private group where we post daily on what we eat and workout. Drink water. Anything to get some good healthy chatter going. AND KEEP it going!

But don't feel bad if you're just comforable with what you're eating, I think most people get into a routine. I know I am. But also make sure you're getting the right kind of foods for your body. Balance is the key.

Love adds if anyone wants to add me:)
  • ssyer
    ssyer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have lost 80 pounds with ww, I still go but instead of points I count calories on here, as all the free foods on ww was ant working for me. I do everything the same only I count all fruit and veg and I have 1200 calories a day.
    I have found that you have to do what what works for you and as somebody said the meetings are what I enjoy and I would really miss them if I stopped going.

You have done brillant so far just plod along and chip away remember don't think of it as a diet think healthy eating and like me yourl get where you want to be in the end.
  • A2Zscents
    Options
    I have about 3 pounds to hit goal - I do spin classes about 3 times a week and run after my 2 kids. Hopefully counting calories will get me there! :)
  • emzabee420
    emzabee420 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    love it here much more then WW. just works better for me. i went a little crazy on fruit.. :/
  • A2Zscents
    Options
    love it here much more then WW. just works better for me. i went a little crazy on fruit.. :/

I hear you there! :) I definitely did that as well. :)
  • A2Zscents
    Options

I hear you there! :) I definitely did that as well.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I lost about 45 pounds on WW about 3 years ago after having my second daughter. I have maintained ever since but getting kind of sick of the same plan. I find myself eating the same foods because I'm comfortable with the points etc. I need to shake it up a bit. Any suggestions or advice for a newbie?? :)
    Thanks!

If you were losing weight and eating real food while a member of WW, it might not be a bad idea to retain many of those foods. Variety usually makes people eat more. At least have a list of Go-To foods.

The New York Times recently ran a column by a staff writer who's on WW. She discussed her obsession with points. Many people thought it was funny. I thought it was pathetic a great advertisement against WW. The author was Joyce Wadler, if you care.
  • rachelisrued
    rachelisrued Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I left WW too and went here for the same reason and I LOVE IT. I'm finding so much more success. It's easier, too. I've lost more weight, consistently with this. AND IT'S FREE!!!

Best of luck to you. Happy tracking!
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I just cancelled my WW membership last week.

If you are still counting points, give your body some time to adjust to counting calories. It took me a few weeks to get adjusted. One thing I noticed was that while I would eat my daily points my calories were all over the place.
  • babs20831
    babs20831 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like the free aspect and just like everyone else said just make sure that you are logging daily and if you need more inspiration just buddy up with someone!! Keep your goal in mind and you will be fabulous!! Just getting back to this after not doing anything but work and school for a while and I really need to lose stress weight!! I love to play Just Dance 4 with my kiddos and that burns sooooo many calories. They even have a just sweat option!! Good luck on your journey to wellness!!
  • Monica_SanDiego
    Monica_SanDiego Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Same here .. I lost 9 lbs on WW, but I wanted more macro details .. so here I am :-)

Monica.