FUN SIZED GIRLS (5'0 - 5'3)

Options
Hello ladies i'm 5'1.5 and would like to know if there is any more ladies out there my size that need to lose the same amount i have 95 lbs to lose go ahead and add me so we can motivate each other

Replies

• alglenn2013
    alglenn2013 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Fun sized! Yay! Much better than "short".

I'm 5'0 and need to lose about 40 pounds to hit my first goal. Where I'll end up is unknown since I haven't been that low since before puberty and have no clue what I will feel like that small! Everything I read "suggests" I should weigh less than 120, but my mind just can't comprehend that number!! :noway:
  • momonmission2013
    Options
    what im confused on is the calorie intake with what my weight is now they are saying 2000+ calories ....thats just crazy to me and then trying to find a workout that works best for me which i think i finally found, glad to have you as a friend !
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm fun sized! 5'3 here and I have lost about 30 pounds I need to lose 20 more ... feel free to add me ladies!
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I LMAO because my nickname at the track (motorcycles) is fun size and it's on my motorcycle!

I'm 5'1" and currently 179 and want to be 150 by end of year and 135 eventually. My highest weight was 235 and I've been that twice in my life, in my early 20's and in Feb 2012.

I too can't see me ever getting below 135 (heck even 150 seems little to me!!!). I've been heavy most of my adult life except for the brief periods after I had lost 100 pounds once, 70 pounds once, 50 pounds once and now I'm doing it the right way and am down 56 pounds so far. I know what I did wrong those other times and know how to do it right this time. It's definitely taking me longer, but it should last this time.

I wish all you fun sized girls luck with getting healthy and fit and losing the excess weight!
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a petite one, too. I have about 26lbs to lose. Feel free to add me!
  • alglenn2013
    alglenn2013 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    what im confused on is the calorie intake with what my weight is now they are saying 2000+ calories ....thats just crazy to me and then trying to find a workout that works best for me which i think i finally found, glad to have you as a friend !

What did you set your activity level to? Mine is set to sedentary, because I work at a desk all day. My current weight is 180lbs. My calories are set to 1310 per day for a 1lb loss per week. I log any exercise and eat my exercise calories which usually puts me at just over 1700 per day. check your activity level and see if you need to tweek something there.

What workout did you find? I grew bored of the gym and stopped my membership and started C25K. I'm on week 4, but I am looking to add something on the days I don't run.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options

I too can't see me ever getting below 135 (heck even 150 seems little to me!!!).

It's funny how are perceptions are different. I'm 5'2" and at 135 lbs thought I was huge with rolls over the top of my pants and flabby arms. 150 lbs sounds grossly obese to me!
  • Lincolnlady217
    Lincolnlady217 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    The title of this thread made me laugh! At 5 ft nothing I'm definitely what you'd call "fun sized!" I used to be self conscious about being short, but now I quite like being vertically challenged. Anyone can add me if they like, I'm always looking for new MFP friends!
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"2 and pretty much at my goal weight, i just want to tone everything up. I've lost around 77lbs and now weigh around 115 - 117lbs. Never thought possible, but it is! So stick at it!
  • eternalone88
    eternalone88 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Lol I love this title! I'm 5'1 and I'm ready to lose this weight! I'm ready to look fit and fab! My goal is to lose 32 more pounds and reach my goal of being 125 and i'm currently 157. I started off my journey about three months ago weighing in at about 175 which was at my max! I'm glad there are people that are my height out there. It seems like everyone else is always taller.
  • rgrin
    rgrin Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    "Fun-sized". I like that! I'm fun-sized at 5'0. I started out at 210, but now I'm down to 185 pounds while eating about 1600 calories/day. I've got another 50 to lose before I hit my first goal. (I will reassess then, but since I've haven't been that small since I don't know when, that's a good goal.) Add me if you want
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    haha I like fun sized too.. 5'3" though someone once told me I was 5'2" - I didn't like that person and ignored them. lol
  • crisbabe81
    crisbabe81 Posts: 170
    Options
    Love it... I'm fun sized at 5'3.. When I started I had 75lbs to lose, I now only have 45 (yay)!

Anyone looking for support feel free to add me. I log in everyday (multiple times) I'm on MFP most of the day to keep me occupied so I don't slip up. :)
  • agtapia09
    agtapia09 Posts: 94
    Options
    Yay for fun sized!!! I'm the same height as you :flowerforyou: For the longest time, I thought I was 5'2" lol oh well, I almost got there :bigsmile:
  • sparklingday
    sparklingday Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    hey ladies... fun sized is a great descriptor! I am 5'2" and need to lose about 70-80 lbs. I think I qualify... lol you can add me if you like.
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I am definitely fun size at 5'1. lol I want to lose another 20 lbs to reach 120. Feel free to add me. ;)
  • nadiB
    nadiB Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Fun size...... Love it! I am 5"2" and have about 30 to lose :-)
    Feel free to add me
  • KimAggie04
    KimAggie04 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm also "fun sized" at 5'0"! I don't have too much weight to lose. I weigh 130 and want to be at 120. I recently lost all the weight, then had gall bladder surgery, and gained it all back. I have been doing Insanity for 2 months. I haven't lost much of the weight, but I am definitely toning and getting in better shape.

You can add me. I am always looking for dedicated friends.
  • nikkim19781
    nikkim19781 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Fun sized! I love it! I'm fun sized 5'2. I've about 40 lbs to lose and am trying to eat 1600 calories a day! Hard work but I have learned from other posters what to do and what not to do! Being in my mid thirties (gosh I feel old saying that) LOL, its not as easy as it was when I was 25 thats for sure!
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Lol I love this title! I'm 5'1 and I'm ready to lose this weight! I'm ready to look fit and fab! My goal is to lose 32 more pounds and reach my goal of being 125 and i'm currently 157. I started off my journey about three months ago weighing in at about 175 which was at my max! I'm glad there are people that are my height out there. It seems like everyone else is always taller.

I feel your pain...My goal is also 125. Honeslty I just want to be able to see a size 4 again pull it off the rack and have it fit... I have always been small/thin until a few years ago. Highest wegith 155-158 hated myself. ( I have some body image issues). Lowest weight since adult 106. Average weight 120-130 in college and right after...that is where I want to get. I am currently 143 fitting into a 6/8 waiting for the weight to come off...sigh. Have lost 7 bls since Feb.

oh i'm 5 1 and half...:)