Shakeology Users (Questions)

Options
124»

Replies

• lilcassers
    lilcassers Posts: 163
    Options
    I was just trying to share that I think it is wonderful. Sorry if I want others to benefit how I did. I guess all one has to do is try something to see how it works. That does not take persuasion... just takes trial and error.

Shakebot? Lol... I am just a nice gal trying to help others with fitness.

Have a good day everyone.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I don't care to make sales. As you can tell by my pictures... it works :) Proof is in the pudding.

I should use my progress picture as an ad for Taco Bell. If only they'd pay me for it.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I don't care to make sales. As you can tell by my pictures... it works :) Proof is in the pudding.

I have a rock in my front yard that keeps tigers away. For the past 3 years, no tigers. It works too ;)

lol
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options

You don't care if you make sales.

Riiiiiight. :laugh:
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I love the chocolate shakeology. It is a meal replacement, not a "protein" powder only so look at it for what it is, not compared to another protein powder. Mine costs me $3 per shake (I buy on ebay, I am not a coach, nor sell it). I don't add extras to it as it tastes great alone, so no need to. I make it with 2% milk or Almond milk. I love the taste and it's my breakfast every day. I have used it for 3 years. Do I think it's WHY I lost weight? No, I didn't start losing enough to make me happy until I got my butt in the gym, but it certainly gives me the nutrients I was not getting from the food I ate as there's no way I would eat the fruits and veggies that are in shakeology, hence the health side of drinking it. Plus it's quick to make so it saves me time. I will keep buying it as long as I have no problems with it. The cost doesn't bother me at all, but if you are on a budget, perhaps there is something else someone can suggest that is another meal replacement shake.

If you are looking for just protein powders, there are those that go up to 30 g of protein per scoop which is higher than the shakeology at 17 g. So maybe decide what you are looking for, a meal replacement or more protein.

Good luck!
  • ItsSlimpossible12
    ItsSlimpossible12 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Where do all of these negative people come from?! She asked a simple question!

To the OP Let me preface this post with: I am NOT a Beachbody coach. I don't even know what qualifies one to be a "coach." But I have had a lot of success with their exercise programs so I'm not completely ignorant to the "business model". Bottom line, in the workout sense, they put out a great product. I have used Shakeology. There are pros and cons of any "supplement". Is it way too overpriced? Absolutely. I had to freeze my order for a couple of months because I wasn't able to budget it in, and will end up cancelling it soon. HOWEVER, I have yet to find anything that gives me the energy and keeps me as full in the "supplement" department. I replaced the Shakeology with ON Whey Protein Powder (same flavor-chocolate). I mix it with the same things I mixed my shakeology with for my morning smoothie and it is absolutely disgusting and nowhere near the same consistency. So I tried adding more fruits (still gross) some veggies (still gross) and less liquid (almond/soy milk) still gross and watery. I have yet to find anything that compares to it and it has been extremely disappointing. Not to mention that drinking my whey powder shake concotion and taking vitamin supplements still doesn't give me the high %s that shakeology gave me. I still tend to be below the goal.

Is it worth the price? Defnitley not. However, I have yet to find anything that compares to it. So if you have the $120 to spend a month, I say do it.

Others' chemical argument is moot because EVERYTHING (especially supplements) contains chemicals. Obviously you aren't worried about how it is marketed or you would have already purchased it.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

I have a rock in my front yard that keeps tigers away. For the past 3 years, no tigers. It works too ;)
    I would like to purchase 3 tiger rocks please. Please nobody tell me otherwise or give me reasons why I shouldn't. I'm not paying enough to keep tigers away currently.
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I, of course, loved shakeology when I was a coach and making money off of it but only for a couple weeks. It was disgusting and I actually stopped being a coach because it was a waste of money.

I can buy way better protein powder from GNC for about $25/month rather than $100
  • jonnythan
    Options

I would like to purchase 3 tiger rocks please. Please nobody tell me otherwise or give me reasons why I shouldn't. I'm not paying enough to keep tigers away currently.

I would like opinions on tiger rocks, but only from people who love tiger rocks.

Thanks.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

lololololol
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I, of course, loved shakeology when I was a coach and making money off of it but only for a couple weeks. It was disgusting and I actually stopped being a coach because it was a waste of money.

I can buy way better protein powder from GNC for about $25/month rather than $100
    :flowerforyou: Thanks for sharing.
  • whiteheaddg
    whiteheaddg Posts: 325 Member
    Options

I would like opinions on tiger rocks, but only from people who love tiger rocks.

Thanks.

I'm not sure if I have a tiger problem in my area, but I'm really too lazy to look into it. However, I do believe I am a responsible parent...so how can I afford to NOT have a tiger rock.

I'll take two.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

laughing.gif
  • marybowldseddington
    marybowldseddington Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    So how bout that Carnation Instant Breakfast?

I am a little OCD about foods in the since that I have rules about what can touch..EX corn can touch mash potatoes but not green beans.

The thought of drinking a meal kind of grosses me out. My husband refers to beer as a pork chop in a can..maybe thats why meal replacement shakes freak me out???

And $140!!! Goodness gracious that would buy alot of fruits and veggies at a farmers market. I have heard about how it meets all your nutritional needs..There is only one liquid that can do that for humans and unless shakeology is actually breastmilk...I am thinking NOT!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

I am a little OCD about foods in the since that I have rules about what can touch..EX corn can touch mash potatoes but not green beans.

The thought of drinking a meal kind of grosses me out. My husband refers to beer as a pork chop in a can..maybe thats why meal replacement shakes freak me out???

And $140!!! Goodness gracious that would buy alot of fruits and veggies at a farmers market. I have heard about how it meets all your nutritional needs..There is only one liquid that can do that for humans and unless shakeology is actually breastmilk...I am thinking NOT!

Um, that's probably the epitome of a meal replacement drink. It's even got a meal in the name... BREAKFAST!
  • jonnythan
    Options

Um, that's probably the epitome of a meal replacement drink. It's even got a meal in the name... BREAKFAST!

Just be sure you don't try to have it for lunch. Bad things happen. Don't ask how I know.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    OMG... I am ADDICTED. I have been drinking it for a year. It is the best thing I have put in my body. I have increased energy, better hormone levels, better digestion, and I lost 2 inches from my waist. No surprise since it is all natural. Message me if you want more info about it :)

I wonder how much of this is due to the addition of shakeolgy vs the removal of whatever you used to eat instead.
    The thing about these shakeobots is that it's sleazy marketing. MLMs like shakeo, advocare and the lot just leave a bad taste in my mouth. Worse than used car salespeople. It's like lying for religion.
    If you want a meal supplement just get a decent protein powder and a multi vitamin for a fraction of the cost.

And that's fine. But the fact that the company/sellers are *kitten* doesn't mean the product is bad.

No. It just means the product is overrated, superfluous and overpriced. Merry Christmas.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I've never tried Shakeology although I like the Beach Body programs and have my eye on the new T25. But the thing that always makes me shake my head is that one of the big selling points to justify the price is that it's replacing a whole meal. Do a bit more research and you'll find that most people add milk, fruit, and all sorts of other things to make it palatable or more filling. So really it's not a meal replacement and the price has suddenly soared.

I'd try it for free but I can't see myself ever paying that much money. I have Carnation Instant Breakfast, which I use sometimes in the morning with added fruit or as an evening snack, not as a meal replacement but as another option among my real food diet. I also have a Nutribullet, not because of the crazy weight loss and health claims but because it's very effective at pulvarizing my smoothies. If you can make Shakeology work for you as part of a healthy program, and you don't mind that big financial outlay, that's fine. However, I think there are easier and cheaper ways to achieve the same thing.
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options

I LOVE YOU