How to Eat

Options
2»

Replies

• mdamronjr
    mdamronjr Posts: 4
    Options
    Lean meats, green veggies. Quite simple really. Stay away from fruits.
  • slartybart
    Options
    hi guys and gals I am 98kgs and have dropped from 111kg in August last year I am aiming to lose a kg a week and my goal weight is 82 kg I am eating 1600 cals a day and I am using about 1200 a day through cycle traing about 80 mins a day plus I commute about 10 kms a day Is it ok to stay eating 1600 cals a day or do I need to increase calorie intake I feel ok just a bit tired Cheers Brett
  • strick1982
    strick1982 Posts: 75
    Options

I do the former. The latter I'll have to work on. I like fruit but don't eat it all day. One serving is good.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with fruits?
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    things to avoid:
    junk food, obviously :) - chips, bread, candy, chocolate, etc.
    a lot of pasta
    bread that isn't wholewheat
    any drink but water or tea(no sugar added, or a lot at least)

things you can try, these are the things i eat
    breakfast/lunch foods: eggs, thin bagels(110 calories), plain yogurt, fruits, fiber one cereal with soymilk, rice cakes, almonds, cheese, english muffins(100 calories)
    dinner: chicken, fish, vegetables, salads

i buy spray butter (only sodium) it's so much better than real butter.. i put a few sprays on my vegetables or english muffins.
    Are these recommendations for weight loss purposes or with a specific health goal in mind? I only ask because I regularly eat (white) pasta, bread (mostly brown, sometimes white), fat bagels, real butter (so much better than "spray butter"), and I eat chocolate every day. I haven't had any trouble losing weight, or maintaining that weight, and have no health problems.
  • strick1982
    Options

I don't eat much fruit but why stay away from them?
  • TheSink
    TheSink Posts: 97 Member
    Options

I don't eat much fruit but why stay away from them?

Notice that he doesn't reply?

That's because meatheads usually spend far too much time eating meat and taking selfies at the gym to give real advice.

There's nothing wrong with fruits. Now, if your entire diet consists of fruit, you could have issues: digestion, higher sugar intake, etc.
  • jakkisr
    jakkisr Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    your food diary looks nice :) you and I are the same age and it looks like we enjoy similar foods. My diary is open, feel free to get some ideas. I only looked at yours for a few days back and the difference in mine and yours appears to be portion sizes - I eat similarly but in higher quantities, maybe making just that one adjustment might help you top up to at least 1200?

I don't have any medical conditions but I find I feel much better and healthier when I have good levels of protein in my diet. I eat minimal wheat and grains purely because cutting bread is the fastest way for me to lose weight (and gets rid of the tummy bloat!)
  • strick1982
    Options
    your food diary looks nice :) you and I are the same age and it looks like we enjoy similar foods. My diary is open, feel free to get some ideas. I only looked at yours for a few days back and the difference in mine and yours appears to be portion sizes - I eat similarly but in higher quantities, maybe making just that one adjustment might help you top up to at least 1200?

I don't have any medical conditions but I find I feel much better and healthier when I have good levels of protein in my diet. I eat minimal wheat and grains purely because cutting bread is the fastest way for me to lose weight (and gets rid of the tummy bloat!)

Yes, our foods are similar!