30 Day Challenge-Step 1

Options
Hello Everyone!
I wanted to start mini 30 day challenges open to anyone utilizing any program/workout approach that caters to YOU. Initially I wanted to make this challenge longer but once of the things I have noticed and experienced myself is that sometimes with longer challenges, people tend to push hard during the first quarter, but begin to die down after that first month or 2. This ha sled me to my current approach of setting up 30 day challenges. I feel that pushing as hard as you can for only 30 days will not only yield positive results, but it will help you set and achieve realistic goals without having to look at the calendar and dread having to wait 2,3,4 months down just to say you finished.

We always hear about taking things one step at a time, well, this is that first step. its only 30 days. 4 weeks of giving it your best, regardless of what anyone else is doing, your focus will be YOUR BEST at YOUR LEVEL and I promise you that in 30 days, YOU will be stronger, you will feel better and you will want to keep going. I wont go into step 2 yet, because again, this is one step at a time.

So here are the rules:
EXERCISE PROGRAM
Commit to 30 days of ANY workout of your choice consisting of no less than 4 days of workouts per week, and no more than 6, everyone will take at least 1 complete REST DAY. The rest day will be YOUR choice so it does not have to coincide with anyone else's rest day.

NUTRITION
Commit to eating as healthy as your current situation allows. I understand that everyone lives through different situations so that means that some people may be able to choose all organic while others cannot. Some are vegetarians, while others are vegan. I simply want each of you to make the healthiest choices based on your situation and your budget.

ACCOUNTABILITY
Be honest. If you have a cheat meal, miss workout, whatever it may be, the goal of this challenge is to help you move forward. Be honest, admit your mistakes and lets move forward together. This is not about judgment, this is about progress, forward progress.

WHEN DOES THE CHALLENGE BEING?
July 8th, 2013. Thats right, after July 4th, its time to get serious.

So thats it. I hope many of you take this opportunity to grow and progress. Lets take the first step and get that much closer to achieving the things we all want.

0b66e991-f603-41e8-a131-cfaf49ffc6cf_zps630892b3.jpg

Replies

• luckygirl134
    luckygirl134 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • sasimo09
    sasimo09 Posts: 10
    Options
    Don't mean to sound not too bright but how does this work? Is there a group set up somewhere or do you just become "friends" on here and follow each other's progress.
  • teamfit2day
    teamfit2day Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    HI sasimo09. The Group name is STEP 1-30 DAY CHALLENGE I can send you a request if youre interested.
  • ktmottlnew
    ktmottlnew Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Can you send me a request, I can't find the group. Posting on a specific day or every day?
  • teamfit2day
    Options
    I'm in. Can you send me a request, I can't find the group. Posting on a specific day or every day?

Welcome! Just sent you the request to join.
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    am in, can i have a request please.

Also, i do about 4 different things for my workouts (kettlebell, fitness blender cardio workout, cross trainer and aqua airobics) do i have to limit what im doing or am i ok mixing an matching?
  • rramirez1272
    rramirez1272 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    im in
  • dvallabhaneni
    dvallabhaneni Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in
  • reneeisnowhere
    Options
    Sound good. Please count me in!
  • kuhlmomma4
    Options
    I'm in
  • Alyshe
    Alyshe Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'm in :-)
  • thewordwarrior
    Options
    Count me in!
  • amydelissa
    amydelissa Posts: 26
    Options
    I'd like to join!
  • sundog10
    sundog10 Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join; sounds good
  • Gretegettingfit
    Options
    I'd love to join please!
  • smileontaylor
    Options
    I want to join(:
  • roxyraquelita
    Options
    Sounds good, I'd like to get involved!
  • chickadee1166
    chickadee1166 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I would love to join please. :smile:
  • ohmymarc
    ohmymarc Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm confused... is this a numbers challenge? IE: lose x lbs in x days? Or a clean eating challenge? I think all of us who are using MFP try to do moderate exercise and better eating... I just want some clarity on what aspects of this challenge are being evaluated!
  • teamfit2day
    Options
    I'm confused... is this a numbers challenge? IE: lose x lbs in x days? Or a clean eating challenge? I think all of us who are using MFP try to do moderate exercise and better eating... I just want some clarity on what aspects of this challenge are being evaluated!

It is a maximize your results challenge based on your best effort involving nutrition and exercise. I did not want to make this challenge about specific numbers because this is just leading to disappointment. Its not about losing 10lbs this month or eating X amount of calories this month, its simply about giving 100% for 30 days and seeing how much you can progress. Seeing if you can eat as healthy and clean as possible for 30 days. Working out consistently at each persons best effort for 30 days. If you can commit to this, then in 30 days you will improve your health in many ways; increased energy, weight loss, confidence, determination and much more. This challenge is not about forcing people to lose weight by any means necessary, its about control. Losing weight the right way. Eating the right way without starving or cutting out meals just to make weight. My goal is to help everyone who wants to be involved with advise and motivation. I hope this answers your question.

P.S.
    I sent you a group invite. I post daily within the group and post specific topics about nutrition, dealing with temptations, handling weekends, friends, family, etc.