It's all about Love, NOH8. Ding Dong DOMA is death...

Options
RodSuarez
RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
=)

So in celebration of the death of DOMA and Prop 8, let's share our NOH8 Campaign Pictures.

To all my LGBT friends, how does it feel knowing you can marry whoever you love? (at least in the states which already legislated about it)

7bBwXu37

Replies

• suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    They lock threads of love here. MFP administration is not for human rights.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I don't have any NOH8 pictures. I just want to congratulate the whole LGBT community on this huge step forward. I cannot wait until our country is truly free. Much love!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: your picture!

800px-Gay_flag_svg.png
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    they really blocked topics? wow MFP not cool!

and really am I the only one with a picture? hehe thanks @iPuffy
  • michellechawner
    Options
    my friend had her no h8 photo done, but I know there are thousands, I forgot her number. I looked it up once.

And in response to this thread, I agree with you good sir!
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    NOT what this site is for.........
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    they really blocked topics? wow MFP not cool!

and really am I the only one with a picture? hehe thanks @iPuffy

Indeed they did and do. I give this one about 30 min, if that, before it gets locked or removed. Such is the life of users on a private site.

Minor annoyances aside, I'm glad those that live in the 12 states and DC will now have federal benefits available to them. Such a shame the right to legally get married if you're gay is dependent on the zip code
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    it is the chit-chat, it is meant to be talking about whatever you like
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options

Maybe not, but hello, have you seen all the "would you rather lick, spank, bite, kiss, bang" threads? Pretty sure this site ain't for that either. For the record, I'd spank, because I'm violent like that. However, there are specialty sites for that sort of thing, not really MFP territory :bigsmile:
  • Emisole
    Emisole Posts: 65
    Options

If you look at the Chit-Chat topic, this site is for everything plus a box of rocks.

This is relevant to me and thousands of other users, so it's relevant to MFP!

I for one could NOT be happier, and could have have picked a better time to live in California!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I don't have any NOH8 pictures. I just want to congratulate the whole LGBT community on this huge step forward. I cannot wait until our country is truly free. Much love!

Well said, I am with you!
  • RodSuarez
    Options

If you look at the Chit-Chat topic, this site is for everything plus a box of rocks.

This is relevant to me and thousands of other users, so it's relevant to MFP!

I for one could NOT be happier, and could have have picked a better time to live in California!
    amen!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

is the site for "licking, hand shaking, shagging...etc.." the person above? i doubt you post in all those threads.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    sadly though this thread will be delted..i started a DOMA thread soon after the Supreme Court ruled...it last 2ish hours. and for the most part it was civil.
  • MamaCatO
    MamaCatO Posts: 100
    Options
    I don't have a picture but I rocked my equality kitty cats on facebook. they're still up actually. lol I'm pleased that my LGBT friends are on the track to being equal to me in the eyes of the government. ♥
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    I put myself as an example, I am openly bisexual, and I am one of those really odd ones who REALLY don't have a preference for men or women, I just fall for the person and enjoy both for what they are, I believe in getting married having a family and living happily ever after. I am also not an American, but I plan to make my career in New York, so if I fell in love and got married it would protect me getting the rights every american has, but until yesterday if I were to fall in love with a man I wouldn't have had any way to be treated as an equal citizen/resident.

At the moment I have no plans of getting married [nor do I have anyone I want to marry] but it feels amazing knowing I can marry whomever I want!
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    i wish i had someone who was close to me that this would affect...so does anyone have any wonderful stories of the joy that this will bring to someone?
    Options

is the site for "licking, hand shaking, shagging...etc.." the person above? i doubt you post in all those threads.

lick! I KID! Those threads are a joke. At least your thread and this one are relatable.
  • UnwrappingCandy
    UnwrappingCandy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    The state I live in, Indiana, is moving forward with a constitutional ban, and it will pass. There's still a very long road left to travel before equality of any kind is a reality in the States. :-\ But the victories yesterday were very welcomed. :-)
    Options
    i wish i had someone who was close to me that this would affect...so does anyone have any wonderful stories of the joy that this will bring to someone?

yes! My uncle and his husband came back to the United States last night after 1149 days in Tunisia. They did not think they were going to be allowed to move here, because his husband could not get a green card. But, now, because of this, the trip turned into a permanent move and they could not be happier!

ETA: They married in Canada before they moved back to Tunisia.
This discussion has been closed.