It's all about Love, NOH8. Ding Dong DOMA is death...

Options

Replies

• Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    On the Jay Thomas show tomorrow they are going to have a gay wedding in a house across from the Westboro Baptist church. I can't wait to listen to it!

love it...as nation we should just direct all our hate at them.
    why? we should not focus hate to anybody, we should focus love to everybody, the problem with Westboro Baptist Church is they don't know love.

Yep. Won't stoop to their level.
  • RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    Though I loved the guy who made this
    westboro-22524.jpg in front of them
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    and really am I the only one with a picture?

No you aren't the only one. I just don't have the large one in digital format downloaded. But here's the medium sized one.

33601905_5896_thumb.jpg
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    and really am I the only one with a picture?

No you aren't the only one. I just don't have the large one in digital format downloaded. But here's the medium sized one.

33601905_5896_thumb.jpg
    great picture!!!
  • CarolElaine25
    Options
    On the Jay Thomas show tomorrow they are going to have a gay wedding in a house across from the Westboro Baptist church. I can't wait to listen to it!
    You mean this house?

Equality-House-Westboro-Baptist-14-600x826.jpg

So very awesome!

I'm very, very happy that DOMA has been gutted and Prop H8 is saying bye bye (I'm a California girl). Equality for everyone!
  • ApisHeraldOfPtah
    Options
    i wish i had someone who was close to me that this would affect...so does anyone have any wonderful stories of the joy that this will bring to someone?

I have friends that are married with two (biological) children. They are gay and legally married by state law. The parents, not the kids. Well, maybe the kids, but . . . listen that's not the point. The point is that:
    As of Tuesday this week, they were not eligible for social security surviving parent benefits.
    They were not covered by the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
    Estate and retirement savings, in the event of untimely death, would have been taxed as if a profitable gift to some third party rather than 'family' money to be kept in the family and used to care for the children of the widow.
    Proceeds from the sale of a principal residence were - specifically because of DOMA - untaxable only up to $250K rather than $500K as for married heterosexual couples.
    Privileged communications, 'married filing jointly', hospital visitation, ability to make decisions about spousal care in the event of medical incapacitation . . .

These things were all very real, up-at-night concerns for my dear friends on Tuesday.
    I'm so glad it's Thursday.
  • Stump_Likker
    Options
    You meant this house?

So very awesome!  I'm very, very happy that DOMA has been gutted and Prop H8 is saying bye bye (I'm a California girl). Equality for everyone!

I do believe so. Fear and ignorance have to stop. If only people would get out of their comfortable little neck of the woods and meet people from all walks of life. I'm glad I was raised around Black, White, straight, gay, whatever. It didn't matter.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i wish i had someone who was close to me that this would affect...so does anyone have any wonderful stories of the joy that this will bring to someone?

I have friends that are married with two (biological) children. They are gay and legally married by state law. The parents, not the kids. Well, maybe the kids, but . . . listen that's not the point. The point is that:
    As of Tuesday this week, they were not eligible for social security surviving parent benefits.
    They were not covered by the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
    Estate and retirement savings, in the event of untimely death, would have been taxed as if a profitable gift to some third party rather than 'family' money to be kept in the family and used to care for the children of the widow.
    Proceeds from the sale of a principal residence were - specifically because of DOMA - untaxable only up to $250K rather than $500K as for married heterosexual couples.
    Privileged communications, 'married filing jointly', hospital visitation, ability to make decisions about spousal care in the event of medical incapacitation . . .

These things were all very real, up-at-night concerns for my dear friends on Tuesday.
    I'm so glad it's Thursday.

wonderful. i wonder if some of the people against same sex marriage could hear stories like this would it change their mind?
  • lifelover12
    lifelover12 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I totally agree
  • leebesstoad
    Options
    I do have friends who are legally married in a state that will soon have marriage equality restored (under 30 days) - yes California. And this will certainly help them. Actually they were married twice. Once in Canada shortly after it began there. And then during that very brief window when it was available before Prop H8 went into effect.

Unfortunately, I live in a non-equality state. But hopefully we can change that within a few years. The latest opinion polls put support for marriage equality in the state now at 50/50, after passing a constitutional amendment in 2006 by 57/43. One of the key developments is my local newspaper, which is somewhere to the right of Atilla the Hun. The strongly editorialized for the amendment back in 2006. So imagine our surprise when last October they wrote not 1 but 2 editorials urging SCOTUS to overturn DOMA and Prop 8. If they can change and support marriage equality, it will come here. I never thought it would happen in my life. Now it will happen within a couple of years.

Now all I need is someone to marry. I have a partner. But the stubborn mule doesn't want to get married. :wink: But he's softening, so who knows. And if he doesn't, I still love him anyway, and that will never change.

Congrats to all my brothers and sisters who this did help. And good luck to others who would be waiting for a long , long time if we do have to go state by state.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options

My nephew is marrying his boyfriend in Baltimore in September. They're happy, as they should be.
    congratulations to them! and suddenly I need the urge to listen to the cast recording of Hairspray [it is set in Baltimore]

Great movie.

I saw it on Broadway with that guy Harvey Fierstein. Great production. I'm not gay, but all for gay rights. The big court finally got something right. Should have been done a long time ago.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options

Um, I don't think anyone should be directing any hate at anyone. Isn't that what equal rights is all about? Or is it only 'No H8" for the people who believe the same thing as you?
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Woowoo! I am so very happy about this. <3<3<3

ETA: ignore the fact that my pink flower is flipping the digitized bird at random people.
  • Stump_Likker
    Options

My nephew is marrying his boyfriend in Baltimore in September. They're happy, as they should be.
    congratulations to them! and suddenly I need the urge to listen to the cast recording of Hairspray [it is set in Baltimore]

Great movie.

I saw it on Broadway with that guy Harvey Fierstein. Great production. I'm not gay, but all for gay rights. The big court finally got something right. Should have been done a long time ago.

Agreed!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    1016063_10151744139227658_1779727279_n.jpg
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    This thread is still up.... keep the party goin' :smokin:

1367109579404.gif
  • marieann82
    marieann82 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    NOT what this site is for.........

SO VERY TRUE!
  • leebesstoad
    Options

Um, I don't think anyone should be directing any hate at anyone. Isn't that what equal rights is all about? Or is it only 'No H8" for the people who believe the same thing as you?

Out of curiosity -- do you know any straight people who don't hate Westboro Baptist? Trying to picket at soldiers' funerals, funerals of the kids killed at newton, at Aurora, and so many others. Hating WBC isn't a gay thing. From what I've seen, it seems to be universal.

Just wondering.
  • leebesstoad
    Options

Well if you are in Baltimore, and want the best crab cakes anywhere, and can save room in your food "budget", you need to go to G&M Restaurant and Lounge.

What's worse? They ship anywhere.

http://gandmcrabcakes.com/
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    NOT what this site is for.........

SO VERY TRUE!
    you shouldn't be saying that! we fought for Ginger rights too.
This discussion has been closed.