Insanity soon?!

Options
ErinGiam
ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
Hi! I'm starting insanity for the first time Monday and am looking to see if anyone else on here has started recently or will be starting soon. I could use all the motivation, advice or help i can get!

Replies

• Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Starting Monday as well!
  • maghenwarren
    maghenwarren Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've had Insanity for a couple months now and always did it whenever I felt like it, never in a pattern. However, I just started it again on Monday. Day 4 already! I figured if I own it I might as well try out the 2 months program. It's not easy, you really have to be self motivating. Totally a good workout though.
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I've had Insanity for a long time, I've done month 1 workouts before but never completed the program. I am on Day 6!
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I'm nearly done with the first month. It's a challenge every day, but the results are definitely worth it. I recommend taking progress pictures and body measurements before you start and then again on your rest day each week. The scale may not register any loss, particularly in the first week or two (when you are most likely to give up without motivation), but the tape and the pictures will show the truth. The pictures I took, and have been posting on my profile pictures, have been a huge boost to me. Any time I don't feel like doing the workout that day, I can look back at Week 0 and see how far I've come, and it helps convince me to keep going.

Make sure you maintain good form during the workouts. If you let your knees drift, keep your knees rigid during jumps or twist when you're not supposed to, you dramatically increase the risk of injury. There is no shame in needing to stop for a second in mid-workout, so if you feel yourself losing form, take a break. Even the people in the videos have to stop occassionally, and these are fitness professionals. You're not competing against them, you're competing against you. Push as hard as you safely can, and make sure you eat all of the calories (you'll need them), and you'll see results. Good luck.
  • rachie590
    rachie590 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Today was day 4, my calves have been screaming sore! Love it! I surprise myself every time I complete a workout! Good luck to you!
  • gregorybart
    Options
    I am only 14 years old and I finished insanity and lost 36 pounds went from 138 to 102 pounds very exciting hope you will get results like that I have abs now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips everyone! I am supposed ro get it in the mail today and i am very excited to start it. :smile:
  • bernice_152003
    Options
    Hey Erin. I am on my second month of Insanity if you like I can add you to my motivational group in facebook.
  • melm413
    melm413 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My Insanity DVDs arrive today and I am so excited to get started!
  • emmamc252
    emmamc252 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Monday too! Picking the box set up tomorrow! Sure hope its worth the money!! I've joined a group on here that are all starting Monday. Add me as a friend and check it out!!
  • wannastepout
    Options
    I started mine this past Monday. I love it but I am constantly cursing shaun T out. I have noticed an increase in my appetite so I have been trying to eat as clean as possible. I will also be adding running this weekend so hope it helps.
  • Becky_Smith72
    Becky_Smith72 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I've done it.. but I do have a facebook support group starting on Monday for it.. there are prizes, etc.. Its for T25 and Insanity. If you're interested in joining please friend me on FB at BeckySmith72 and let me know so I can add you! :)
  • jandjcassidy
    jandjcassidy Posts: 143
    Options
    I am also starting on Monday I am super excited!! I also have a group on fb that will be starting soon as well!! Feel free to look me up!
  • melm413
    melm413 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am 4 days in now if anyone wants to friend me and we can keep each other motivated!