Bands that your friends love(d), but that you hate(d)?

Options

Replies

• moondawg14
    moondawg14 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Counting. Effing. Crows.
  • TheExorcistt
    Options
    I like one song by Saving Abel.. The rest are garbage to me.

Ween, Morningwood, Simple Plan, Blood On The Dance Floor.

I like Pearl Jam. They're in my top 5, along with Alice In Chains.
  • KateBarnhart85
    KateBarnhart85 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Justin Bieber... my twin teenage sisters L O V E him and guess who is their "adult" supervision during the concert... what the *BEEP* did I do to deserve this severe punishment?
  • shinesunfish
    shinesunfish Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Seconded: Pearl Jam, Dave Matthews Band. Adding Silverchair, The Grateful Dead, Frank Sinatra spring to mind.

In defense of: Red Hot Chili Peppers (Seriously? I don't know ANYONE who doesn't at least sort of like them), Nirvana, BnL (One of my faves!)

I like LOTS of different kinds of music though, so I can usually find some common ground.
  • shinesunfish
    shinesunfish Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Also: Fleetwood Mac? Really? They're SO diverse, I feel like almost anybody could find a couple of songs that they like...
  • Erin959
    Erin959 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hansen and Weezer!! Some of the worst music I have ever heard!!!
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Dave Matthews Band and Jack Johnson. Snooze fest.
  • More_Dakka
    More_Dakka Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Radiohead.

Come at me, bro.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Evanscence! Can't friggen stand them.
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Bruce bloody Springsteen Grrrrrrrr!
    REM
    Oasis
  • MizzEngelChen
    MizzEngelChen Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Linkin Park
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    The Beatles

I wouldn't say I hate them, but I don't enjoy their music.
  • megabyt23
    megabyt23 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    reading through this thread makes me sad...some goods bands are seriously hated. haha I'd have to agree with pearl jam though
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options

Agreed! And Lacuna Coil. Seriously, I do not get the hype.
  • Jennyflies
    Jennyflies Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Seconded: Pearl Jam, Dave Matthews Band. Adding Silverchair, The Grateful Dead, Frank Sinatra spring to mind.

In defense of: Red Hot Chili Peppers (Seriously? I don't know ANYONE who doesn't at least sort of like them), Nirvana, BnL (One of my faves!)

I like LOTS of different kinds of music though, so I can usually find some common ground.

I cannot STAND RHCP....not a single song. Nope, never!

Inflames
    Metallica
    Alice in Chains
    Nickleback
    I might get a lot of flack for this but the Beatles. I dont hate them, but i wouldnt chose to listen to them
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Justin Bieber... my twin teenage sisters L O V E him and guess who is their "adult" supervision during the concert... what the *BEEP* did I do to deserve this severe punishment?

Sheesh! That is harsh! Did you maybe eat someone's first born and forgot about it?

My friend is heavily into Finnish / Scandinavian "goth rock pop emo whatever" bands like HIM and the "youngsters" that followed their path. Hate is a strong word but I...no.

My other friend listens to a lot of melodic goth rock, medieval music, etc. Like Faun, Nightwish, sometimes even Unheilig. *shudders* Also not my thing. I kinda want to smash my head into the dashboard when driving with her because there's only so many bagpipes and flutes and women screeching over them you can bear in a 20 min car ride...

Also: 30 Seconds to Mars. Good(ish) music, horrible band. And by band I mean Jared Leto.
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options

Agreed! And Lacuna Coil. Seriously, I do not get the hype.

:noway: I LOVE Lacuna Coil! Saw them live last year and they were brilliant! Cristina Scabbia is my girl crush anyway.

But because I :heart: you I'll let this one go

And to the person who said Five Finger Death Punch, I agree! Somehow I'm seeing them live in December, but they're supporting Avenged Sevenfold and I do love me some Synyster Gates :smokin:

Also to add: Radiohead and Muse. I can only tolerate Origins of Symmetry. Any other stuff by them is a no no. People should be grateful I gave Muse a small chance!
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Also Hatebreed. Cannot listen to them one tiny bit!

And why all the Pearl Jam and RHCP hate? My top favourite songs of all time are by those two bands :laugh:
  • griff7809
    griff7809 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Danzig
    Nickleback
    ALL BOY BANDS!

They can burn in hell.

not really....but I hate those bands.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    Also Hatebreed. Cannot listen to them one tiny bit!

And why all the Pearl Jam and RHCP hate? My top favourite songs of all time are by those two bands :laugh:

For reals, yo. On both points.

And because I love you, I'll let you go on the 5FDP one.

Burro, you're creating threads that are breaking friendships. Or at least making reasons for make up sex. I like make up sex.