what protein powder?

Options
gazrec
gazrec Posts: 38 Member
im looking at changing my protein powder, at the moment I use Holland and barrets hardcore edition. I do bootcamp 4 times per week and lift at home inbetween, im looking for something to help build muscle. anyone used gold standard whey? looking for reviews and suggestions plz thanks in advance

Replies

• michaelmadonna
    michaelmadonna Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I use the Gold Standard Whey and Gold Standard Casein - only tried the chocolate, both taste good. The Casein is much thicker and take longer to digest - I feel fuller longer. I use the Casein at night or if I know It'll be a long time between meals. I also use Designer Whey Protein - Double Chocolate tastes best to me - only 100 calories per scoop - 18 grams of protein and very little sugar, also much less of anything else than most protien powders I've looked at.
  • gazrec
    Options
    read some good reviews about the gold standard
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Gold Standard 100% Whey. I use the chocolate. I love it. It has 24g of protein and 130 cals per scoop. My boyfriend makes fun of me because a lot of times I like to spruce it up with a scoop of PB and half a banana but it is also good with just water or just milk. I work out daily and I think this is the best one I have used so far. Also a great price! I buy the 5 pound container which has 71 scoops and it is only 54 bucks. Its roughly like .76 per serving. That would last you two months. Good luck!
  • elvensnow
    elvensnow Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I read another post the other day that was basically this (sorry I can't find it). On there it seemed a lot of people like Trutein. They say all the flavors are great but the favorite seems to be the Cinnabun one. It does sound delicious.

I say "they" say because I haven't tried it yet - I plan to get it after my current powder runs out. Downside is they don't sell it at GNC or stores like that. It seems you can only get from their own website or a few other stores online. So shipping costs abound.

If you're looking for something from GNC I heard Optimum Nutrition was good. I am currently using GNC's brand "Total Lean" Lean Shake 25 French Vanilla. It's tasty with milk and cinnamon, and good quality but is meant more for meal replacement (and also expensive for the volume) which is why I'll be switching.

Edits: spelling
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I use ON stuff - gold standard whey, gold standard casein, but pro complex is my go-to supplement. It's good stuff, can't go wrong with ON... but there's lots of good stuff out there.
  • ChaseMeier
    ChaseMeier Posts: 52
    Options
    Gold standard is what I mainly use, both the whey and the casein. Lately I have been using Isopure as well. They have low carb and no card whey and now they have one that has coffee in it too. I use it in the morning instead of plain coffee or an energy drink. It works and tastes great.
  • gazrec
    Options
    thanks for the feedback just brought optimum gold standard whey.
  • Jesseca118
    Jesseca118 Posts: 26
    Options
    i personally like isopure zero or low carb. only 210 calories for 50grams of protien