What a difference a year makes (long and with pics)

Options

Replies

• Kimberly3013
    Kimberly3013 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You look great and have overcome a lot. Congratulation!!! I know how hard it is to hear a doctor use the "can't" word. It shatters you and really makes you feel handicap. I have a seizure disorder that started when I was 6 yrs old and spent years listening to doctors tell me I can't do this or that. I know it doesn't compare to your situation but I know how it is to feel like you are so limited in what you can do. And it does take over your life. I am happy to hear that you have overcome that and have proven to the medical world that sometimes the word "can't" does more harm than good, mentally and physically. You are definitely an inspiration to a lot of people and I hope that many will read your story and know that sometimes mind over matter is what is needed to move forward. Thank you for sharing.
  • LinDiSm26262
    LinDiSm26262 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    ;
  • LinDiSm26262
    LinDiSm26262 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    John, I am amazed at your tenacity, inspired by your strength, humbled by your story and grateful you're a monkey foot ; ) :flowerforyou:

Very well put.....my sentiments exactly.
  • nickgarner6
    nickgarner6 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Truly amazing! Thanks for posting your story.
  • oceanblue6
    oceanblue6 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    What an inspirational story! Thank you for posting.
  • jiggy_gibby
    jiggy_gibby Posts: 197
    Options
    awesome!
  • estrobabe
    estrobabe Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Motivational, inspiring, simply amazing! Congrats :)
  • shst07
    shst07 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Very inspiring!
  • Jolicro
    Jolicro Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • amyfliesalot
    amyfliesalot Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a GREAT success story! I'm so excited for you- you have a new life! And your wife has a new husband- she must feel like she's cheating now! Keep up the good work, John!
  • tanterror
    tanterror Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • sheyennelilly
    sheyennelilly Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    What an amazing and inspiring story. The hardest barriers to get through are our own mental barriers. I know that from experience and I've had nothing to overcome that even remotely compares to what you have done. You are amazing!!
  • lqtransformation130
    lqtransformation130 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    what an awesome job you have done physically as well as mentally!
  • MissChyna
    MissChyna Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Very inspiring I must say...Thanks for sharing this
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    What a hottie! Congrats.
  • Sunny____
    Sunny____ Posts: 214
    Options
    Holy cow hottie! good job! Congrats!
  • uroojfatim
    Options
    its is so inspirational and unbelieveable that some one with so many health issues creating hindrences for healthy routine can move towards healthy weight. you look cute in both pics!:smile:
    keep going bravo
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    OMG, You are a true hero to come such a long ways and believing in yourself. Lots of perseverance and dedication. Some of us come to this site for 10 pesky lbs., which is me. Whining and complaining will not get anyone to achieve their health and fitness goals. I am speechless and I admire your hard work. Truly inspiration!!!

Wishing you a great maintenance healthy life!

Rosie :flowerforyou:
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting your journey to recovery. I too have battled injury after injury and all I can say is that you sir are an inspiration to me. I just realized that I put more restrictions on myself than even the doctors do and I fall back on my pain as an excuse to not to do well, EVERYTHING! No more will I let myself be held hostage in this body by my own mind! You are my HERO!!
  • sue284
    sue284 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiring story - well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!