Im Blake :)

Options
Hay everyone, just thought id introduce myself. My name is Blake van Rooy and i am a 17 year old teenager living in New Zealand. I started my fitness journey about a year and a half a go, in the Christmas holidays. At the age of 16 i was morbidly obese, and at my peak tipped the scales at 119.7kg! it was that point that i sold my PS3 and bought a good pair of running shoes, and a one year gym membership, best decision of my life. I have lost about 37kg on my journey, and am happy with my progress, im starting a YouTube channel "BVRfitness" if you wanna check it out. Hope to get to know and learn new things off everyone.
Thanks, Blake :D

Replies

• ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Hi Blake,

There are many young men and women your age on here. You will have no problem meeting new people.
    Just wanted to say hello.

Good Luck to you!! :flowerforyou:
  • gypsy_nurse
    gypsy_nurse Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Blake! Hope you are able to meet your goals! I think you'll come to love this site as I do :)
  • BlakeVR
    BlakeVR Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks everyone! already feel at home, its amazing to see how dedicated people are with their fitness goals, especially their weight loss, @ladytinkerbel, thats an amazing 47lbs lost Great Job. And @kategirl i think im already addicted to this site :)
  • RCadence
    RCadence Posts: 79
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Jake! Well done on sacrificing your PS3, your a braver man than me!

MFP is great, especially if your a guy mate. A lot of the weightloss industry is targeted at females where as there's plenty of diversity on here to offer slimming/toning/muscle building options!

Feel free to add me if you want
  • rlbroad
    rlbroad Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi Blake,

Welcome to MFP! Kudos to you on your weight loss! Keep up the fantastic work!