"Never Eating Again"...?

Options
2»

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine why anyone would ever want to do this. It sounds like a genuinely terrible way to live one's life.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Um No...... Just No......... <Shakes head and walks away> :grumble:
  • l_clc
    l_clc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    What the.....???? I can't understand why anyone would want to give up food. It makes no sense to me on any level, sorry. But hey, if you want to- all the power to you. Enjoy it!
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    No mention of fibre...
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    When they invent a substitute for oxygen, then I'm ALL IN. Until then, no.
  • Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    It sounds a lot like Shakeology from Beach Body.... without the flavoring or the real foods. My biggest questions are: the blog and trial from both the creator and the journalist said that he "jogged" 3-5 days a week about 3 miles....that's nowhere near the amount of activity that I do in a day. What would this miracle drink do for someone like me who has a higher calorie demand? How many calories are actually in this? It also looks like there's no actual food in this mixture and that it's all chemicals which means man-made materials, haven't studies found over and over again that the body can't process a lot of the man-made "food" as well (if at all) as real, natural food? It makes me curious, but I don't think I would trust it to work with my lifestyle and how I want to feed my body. If someone is active 6-7 days per week and using weight training, cardio etc. how do the muscles respond? He also doesn't mention anything about elimination, elimination is the body's natural detoxifier, if it's an all liquid diet then is all the waste being moved from the body the same way? Could ketosis be something to worry about like you can get if you do the juice cleanse thing? I don't know, it makes me really nervous.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I would never quit eating for fear that I'd lose the ability to chew and digest real food. But, I've actually wondered why we have dog food and cat food but not people food. Now we do!
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I at times feel quite inconvenienced by the tedium of eating yet.again. Didn't I just eat 6 hours ago--I have things to do!! I read some sci fi book as a teenager where the people just swallowed a pill instead of eating and I thought that would be great.

Then I grew up, learned that food is more than just calories, macros, and the limited number of micros we have studied. Scientists find something promising in a fruit, turn it into an extract, and then realize it doesn't have the same effects in isolation. A meal replacement here or there isn't going to be the end of the world, but they are kidding themselves to think they can never eat again without serious problems. To think we have the answer when we don't even understand the question yet and likely never will, not completely--yep, it's part of the human condition, but something we need to fight against not blindly embrace.
  • chelley_79
    chelley_79 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Soylent?

Soylent Green?

HA!!! :laugh:
  • pixie_face
    Options
    A foodies worst nightmare! Nooooo!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    ...."to exercise your mouth..."

:laugh:
  • LAW_714
    LAW_714 Posts: 258
    Options
    Soylent?

Soylent Green?

I know, right? LOL
  • Loasaur
    Loasaur Posts: 125
    Options
    Yes, yes, the name is hilarious. :P He named it that on purpose but usually refers to it as just "nom." As far as I'm aware, they're not chemically altered nutrients, they're just powdered nutrients much like you would get in a pill if you took a vitamin; just in drink form. I definitely would not give up eating for this, as I do love the taste of my food, but I was thinking it could be a really cool alternative for a quick breakfast/lunch if you're strapped for time. Also...there's that whole ending world hunger thing...or whatever...Lol!