In need of some -300 cal recipies!

Options

Replies

• Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    spaghetti with yummy healthy sauce only 215 calories (without spaghetti) with spaghetti (dry 56 g) its 315 cal. :

ham cubes, green onions, half white onion, tomatoes, light cream cheese and light soft cheese and herbs :) YUM
  • hupsii
    hupsii Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Great recipies - bump for consulting later :-) Thanks !
  • joyce0624
    joyce0624 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Nicolette04
    Nicolette04 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump. really great looking recipes
  • jennwren77
    jennwren77 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    bump. I want to try some of these recipes
  • Genetic_tea_drinker
    Options
    Quorn:
    You can have sausages and some veg
    Burgers in a bun with a bag of 100cal potatoe chips
    Can have chunks of it in rice or with noodles
    Mix Chicken chunks into a curry
    Use the mince and make a vegetable chilli, which is amazing just on it's own and really low cal

A kitkat bar and a qorn ham sandwhich.

I love quorn because it gives you good variety of flavour and is low in fat.

My fav is southern fried burgers with 2 peices of corn on the cob (I usually have it without salt and butter, but just with salt isn't that bad)
  • nlsnow59
    nlsnow59 Posts: 1
    Options
    Check out Hungry Girl.com.......it is not just for girls. They have fantastic recipes. Trust me. You can also sign up for their daily newsletter. You will not be disappointed
  • MrsSLG
    MrsSLG Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Bump, some of these recipes sound so delicious.....hmm how to improvise with ingredients for the UK though? Thats my next challenge.
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Chicken soup - Add all to a large pot - boneless skinless chicken, broth, spices, a bag of frozen cauliflower, a bag of frozen butternut squash (cubed, not puree), fresh cut up carrots and celery. Cook until the butternut squash starts to almost dissolve. I freeze individual portions so I can just grab one and microwave it. It is high in vitamins and fiber, low in calories and carbs, very flavorful and filling.

Chicken lettuce wraps - romaine, butter, or green leaf lettuce leaves, boneless skinless chicken breast (seeing a pattern here? lol), mushrooms cut up, terriaki sauce with a little extra brown sugar and garlic powder added - celery, shredded carrots, cut up celery, water chestnuts, and peanuts to garnish if you like. Saute the chicken and mushrooms together, once it is browned and cooked through, add the terriaki, garlic powder and brown sugar, stir a couple times and remove from heat once it starts to bubble. Serve in lettuce leaves topped with the celery, water chestnuts, carrots, and peanuts. Fold in the leaves and eat! You can eliminate anything you don't care for, and make it spicy if you want by adding a little red pepper or chili oil, or hot sauce with the terriaki.

Pan seared salmon - 1 tsp. olive oil, a piece of salmon, spinach, balsamic cream (it is reduced balsamic vinegar - no dairy in it), lemon. Put the oil in a pan, get it hot and sear both sides of the salmon until it is cooked through. I am thinking Med heat, 3 minutes per side, but it depends on how thick the fish is. cook the spinach with the lemon juice until wilted, serve salmon over the spinach and drizzle with the balsamic cream.

You can eat light and healthy, really take care of yourself AND enjoy what you eat! Have fun!
  • 321ccarter
    321ccarter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We grill everything now with extra virgin olive oil salt and pepper and a fresh herb - rosemary, thime, basil, etc.

Salmon with olive oil, salt, pepper, and rosemary.
    Squash with olive oil, salt and pepper

I have discovered everything taste great with olive oil salt and pepper -
  • chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    "skinny" peanut butter swirl brownies. MFP told me it was 160 cals/brownie and lots of protein! (I cut them into 6 instead of 12) No flour, oil, or butter but they taste amazing! Believe it or not these kept me full for hours :).

•3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
    •6 oz. low fat vanilla greek yogurt (could use fat free)
    •1/4 cup skim milk (or almond milk)
    •1 large egg (or 2 egg whites)
    •1/4 tsp salt
    •1 tsp baking powder
    •1 cup sugar
    •1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    •1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats

Instructions
    1.Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 8×8 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
    2.Place all of the ingredients except for the peanut butter into a blender or food processor. (Yes, a blender!) For easier blending, place the liquid ingredients into the blender first. Blend until mix is smooth and oats are ground up. You will have to stop the blender and scrape down the sides a few times.
    3.Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Batter will be thin. Microwave peanut butter for about 30 seconds. Drop melted peanut butter by spoonfuls onto the batter, swirling gently with a knife to create a marbled effect. (Try not to overmix!)
    4.Bake for 20-25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Brownies will be extra fudgy, so be sure to wait until COMPLETELY cooled - I stuck mine in the refrigerator for 2 hours, which allowed them to be cut very easily. Cut into 12 squares and enjoy!

Read more from the source: http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2012/06/10/skinny-peanut-butter-swirl-brownies/#ixzz2XVve967m
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
    Follow us: @sallysbakeblog on Twitter | sallysbakingaddiction on Facebook
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken
    Servings: 8
    servings • Size: 1 cup •
    Calories: 190 • Fat: 1.5 g • Fiber: 5.6 g • Carbs: 23.1 g • Protein: 21 g

Ingredients:

24 oz (1 1/2) lbs chicken breast
    14.4 oz can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
    15 oz can black beans
    8 oz frozen corn
    1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    14.4 oz can fat free chicken broth
    3 scallions, chopped
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp cumin
    1 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
    salt to taste

Directions:

Combine chicken broth, beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt in the crock pot. Season chicken breast with salt and lay on top.

Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Adjust salt and seasoning to taste. Serve over rice or tortillas and your favorite toppings.
    I can't WAIT to try this. Thanks!
  • kris472
    kris472 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast have been Egg Cups recently. Depending on the vegetables and cheese you use, the calories change, but it's around 250 calories.

Cut up and place veggies of your choice in the bottom of a muffin tin (spinach, mushrooms, peppers, etc.)
    Crack 1 egg into each muffin section (2 if using the bigger tins)
    Bake in oven at 350 for 15-25 minutes depending on how hard you like your egg
    Store in containers until ready to eat
    Heat in microwave and add cheese if you want

It's easy to make on your day off and have for the rest of the week as a quick but healthy breakfast.
  • HeatherBittner
    HeatherBittner Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • kris472
    kris472 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks Belinda.....I love soups too.....but normally they have 2 or 3 servings per can, No? And there is no way I can only eat half a can of soup......Although, Thanks for the input! :)

Totally agree! I love soup, but half a can is just not reasonable for me!
  • samr73
    samr73 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Danielle0227
    Danielle0227 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My bf and I have used MFP for 327 days now. He is at 80lbs and myself at 25lbs lost. Darn guys lose so fast compared to women! Ha. We're both less than 15 lbs from our final goals! Anyway, I have been carefully calculating and cooking our food the whole time. This is a recipe that he eats for lunch almost every day. I make a big batch Sunday night and he eats it all week ... and the best part is that it tastes fried and isn't! Enjoy :)

Buffalo Chicken

Cut up boneless skinless chicken breast into bite size pieces and put into a large size ziplock baggie with Frank's Red Hot Sauce to coat. I marinate at least through the day. Toss with whole wheat bread crumbs right in the bag - I don't use a lot. They are low calorie and if you use the whole wheat you can feel a little better about it.
    Spread onto sprayed cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 12 minutes, then flip and bake for another 12, or until crispy enough for your liking.

One 4oz serving of the chicken is approx 110 calories, the hot sauce is 0, and the bread crumbs are minimal. I eat one serving and he eats two with a side for a meal. I make a large batch and weigh it out into smaller containers so it's quick to grab - no excuses to eat something unhealthy because nothing is prepared and you're short on time!!

Good luck on your journey :-)
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    bump..
  • emhos671
    emhos671 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump low cal recipes
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options