"drive through disasters!"

Options
2»

Replies

• fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I get a vanilla latte with skim milk at Starbucks and apparently that means sugar free syrup also. I hate the artificial sweeteners that are in the skinny lattes. This only happens in the drive through, though...
    You need to order a "nonfat" vanilla latte rather than skinny. That'll get you the milk you want but with the regular flavouring. :smile:
  • fullofquirks
    fullofquirks Posts: 182 Member
    Options

On that note, let me tell you about one from the other side.

I took this order one time and got all the way to the end calling this person a "sir." She looked at me, hurt, and told me she was a woman. She had a very gruff voice, short hair and dressed in clothing that didn't accentuate...y'know. I WAS MORTIFIED. How is "sorry" even enough after that?!

In my pre-kid life, I worked as a receptionist for a physician and was making a new patient an appt. over the phone. I said sir allll day long, person's name was Pat (no help) when they came in for appt. later that day boy did I get chewed out at the front window by a girl Pat. The whole time I could only think of the SNL skit It's Pat!
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    LOL I have called people the wrong gender when talking to them over the phone. It can be so embarrassing!!

Have you ever accidentally commented on someones pregnancy, or had yours commented on, and they/you are not preggo?! LOL. Happened to me once at walmart, (this was before all this extra weight, too!). I think in my younger days, I said something similar to someone. Now, i never mention a pregnancy until the woman does hahaha.

Hoping we all have a happy, healthy weekend!

PS: I need more friends on here; feel free to add me. I gotta get all the support I can! :)
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Sometimes they forget to leave out the mayo on my unwich from Jimmy John's. It surely is yummy and rich that way, but I hate to waste a couple hundred calories on that.
  • chelsifina
    chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Regarding Starbucks: This has happened to me and when it does I have politely and kindly mentioned it the next time I was there. Without fail that new drink is on me, and often the drive through person then remembers my voice and my order!! Give them a chance to fix the issue. Starbucks is big on service.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,865 Member
    Options
    It's okay. The calories don't count if it is the restaurant worker that made the mistake. Lol!
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    Not sure if this counts, but we have a little pizza place around where I live, (I'm pretty sure it's a local place), my dad always orders a sandwich without cheese, (not dietary reasons, he just doesn't like cheese), unlike my mom and I. He's never is too happy to find it, in the end, with cheese on it. It's happened several times.

My son hates cheese so since he was little we would order for him with no cheese. Waiters would look at us like we were crazy - sometimes we would even say he was allergic to make sure they didn't put cheese on the order. More difficult in Italian and Mexican restaurants where just about everything is covered in cheese. It is getting easier now for him to order as people are more aware of allergies, etc. He does tend to avoid drive-thrus anyway so it hasn't been much of an issue.
  • queenbekks
    queenbekks Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My big pet peeve related to this is getting an ice cream from the summer stands- I ask for a "Junior" or "Kids size" and they fill 'er up with three or four FULL scoops, pretending they can't hear me when I tell them "That's plenty please!" at the second scoop.... So I will take a big scoop of it off the top and hand it back and ask them to please throw it in their trash behind the counter. I know its up to me to control my portion, but I can't imagine trying to do this if I was giving it to kids!!!!
  • dextersgramps
    dextersgramps Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I don't know how many times I`ve gone thru my local drive thru coffee shop and asked for a medium coffee with 2 milk,get down the road and find out it`s a double double.When I`ve taken it back and tell them it`s wrong usually the first thing they say`` I`m sure you said double double``.My reply is I`m diabetic why would I order double sugar.Than they look at me like I have 3 eyes and than say sorry sir and replace it with what I ordered.I think sometimes they need to pay more attention to the person who is ordering and not to the person gabbing behind them.It`s 1 coffee,mistakes are more likely to happen when someones ordering multiple items.But we are only human.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Joe Pesci was right.
  • tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Yup! I went to Hardees last week and got a lowcarb thickburger and a giant diet dr pepper. It fit my macros.

Anyway, as I am driving back to work I take a sip and it was totally regular Dr Pepper. I dumped out out the window and I wasnt going to turn around. PITA!

maybe next time you should act like a decent human being and wait until you get to a trash can.
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    One time, a few years ago, I went to Taco Bell. They left something out of my order, cheesy fiesta potatoes. I had driven away, and was at home by the time I realized. So I called in to let them know they forgot part of the order. They said next time you come, just let us know and we'll add it in for free. So next time I went in, let them know I needed the free item. They gave me FIVE of them. Holy cow!! Good thing I was going to work and was able to share! LOL
  • AprilMae1975
    AprilMae1975 Posts: 726
    Options
    I was a Starbucks Barista and the best way is to order a "Mocha Frappucino LIGHT" Saying light at the end will clear up the mistake...hopefully!! Make sure to call and let them know so you can get a free one next time :)
  • EstherE123
    EstherE123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What annoys me even more at restaurants/cafes is when they don't make an item so it corresponds with the ingredients listed on the menu. There is a cafe that I go to a lot and for a while they would add cheese, ranch, or gravy to all sorts of sandwiches, meats, and salads or whipped topping/milk in drinks when it was not listed as ingredient. Some people would love getting a free topping, but for those who can't have dairy it's a pain to wait while they remake it when your in a hurry, not to mention their annoyed because they have to remake it. It's got to the point where I specify no cheese/ranch/gravy/milk/whipped topping on almost everything I order even if it doesn't come with it because half the time it will be made with it if I don't. Then they look at me like I'm crazy when I go to pick it up because the ticket says "Vinaigrette Dressing" and right below that "NO Ranch". I've learned to be really good at checking the box or looking inside the sandwich/wrap before I leave. I also repeat the "special" part of my order to make sure they have it.
  • lp413wp226
    lp413wp226 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Had a similar experience at McDonald's last night. I ordered an unsweet tea, happily added my two splenda, only to realize they had given me a sweet tea! Straight into the trash it went - blah!
    That happens a lot at McDonald's. I've learned to always taste my tea before adding Splenda.
    Yeah! I always drink unsweet tea. Nothing added. My hubby got me one one time and sure enough they gave him a sweet one!! We have vowed to always taste it before we leave the parking lot. Also there are some McD's where it tasted like the tea was made with leather. I drink this tea all the time and every once in awhile I have to take it back because it taste sour or old. I used to work at McD's and I also know how old tea taste. You gotta watch McDonald's.