What is YOUR definition of 'clean eating' ?

Options
pchesnut
pchesnut Posts: 347 Member
I hear this term being thrown around and wondered if there is a standard definition or if it each persons opinion of what it means to eat "clean"

Replies

• KissMeImShtFaced
    Options
    Food dipped in bleach :)
  • Little_Mrs_Scary
    Options
    Non-processed foods and only natural foods, no grains and nothing with anything made in a lab or comes from a box.
  • Lmns218
    Lmns218 Posts: 155
    Options
    From what I understand, clean food are food that are mostly raw and organic. Pretty much anything you find in a health food grocery store.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    clean my food with Windex
  • SRB8710
    SRB8710 Posts: 90
    Options
    For me it is making sure I drink water BEFORE soda. Salad with chicken BEFORE a cheeseburger and so on... To me "clean eating: is making better choices and being aware of what I put in my body! :)
  • bio01979
    bio01979 Posts: 313
    Options
    my definition?

anything that doesn't have dirt on it ;)
  • SRB8710
    SRB8710 Posts: 90
    Options
    Sorry! Edited!
  • Tme2change
    Tme2change Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    natural unprocessed foods. unrefined sugars, unbleached grains (although I'm going grainless, my family is not), gmo, pesticide free basically organic
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    It describes the diet of people with orthorexia.
  • pchesnut
    Options
    my definition?

anything that doesn't have dirt on it ;)

LOL this made me laugh
  • delaniecastillo
    Options
    clean my food with Windex

Hahaha, I was going to say that! Only because I heard it on that youtube vidya you linked me yesterday which was awesome, btw. Thankies
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I seem to have a looser definition than most. To me it's eating foods that are whole, real food. Or made from whole foods. I dont care where it's grown or if it's organic, or how it was treated before it was killed. No chemical additives or preservatives, no added sugar, or HFCS.
    Do I follow this 100% to the letter. No. But incorporating those foods as much as possible has had a huge impact on my digestive health & energy levels.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    It means avoiding boxed, canned, or frozen meals and pre-packaged meals that are laden with preservatives. It means cooking from scratch using fresh meats and produce as the base whenever possible.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    unprocessed foods, whole foods.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    There are like 5 of these a week. Why dont people use the search function before creating new threads that will be locked after 15 pages?
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I seem to have a looser definition than most. To me it's eating foods that are whole, real food. Or made from whole foods. I dont care where it's grown or if it's organic, or how it was treated before it was killed. No chemical additives or preservatives, no added sugar, or HFCS.

This is pretty close to my personal definition, with the exception of meat which I try to buy local and hormone free.
  • CrimsonNBlues
    CrimsonNBlues Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I always thought it mean Kosher. Like pork and shellfish are unclean. No meat and dairy at the same time.
  • pchesnut
    Options
    There are like 5 of these a week. Why dont people use the search function before creating new threads that will be locked after 15 pages?

First of all I JUST found out about the search option--but mostly I wanted to know how other people defined it
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    non processsed healthey food (bringing good nutrients, not empty calories) in healthy quantities and appropriate to you age/activity level.
    That's a lot to process(!) sometimes
  • pchesnut
    Options
    It means avoiding boxed, canned, or frozen meals and pre-packaged meals that are laden with preservatives. It means cooking from scratch using fresh meats and produce as the base whenever possible.

This definition seems to fit my idea the closest.