Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Coconut water

Replies

• elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Tastes like straight up piss and old hot dog water. Seriously - barf.

I tried to like it but OH MY GOD. JUST NO.

Now that about sums it up to a tee :laugh:

For real, I was so bummed about it too. I LOVE coconut. And pretty much everything I've tried on the health food front, I've enjoyed or become fanatical about. With coconut water it was like the biggest WTF moment I've ever had with eating something.
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    We stocked up on some for a bachelorette party to help with hangovers. I think I managed to drink half a can before passing it off. Terrible. I've had fresh coconut water which is delicious, so this was extra nasty by comparison. Never again.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    It's good from the coconut...not so good from the store.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    I have it ice cold and it's about drinkable. :) I wouldn't have it all the time. :)
  • SiempreBella
    SiempreBella Posts: 125 Member
    I guess it is just me but I love coconut water.
  • dwalt15110
    dwalt15110 Posts: 246 Member
    I love coconut water. I agree that either you like it or you don't.
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    I tried it once when I was holding a lot of water due to a high sodium intake...I couldn't stomach it, absolutely disgusting.
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    I agree that it doesn't taste good on its own. But used in a smoothie instead of regular water - mmmm :drinker:
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    I can't drink it either.
    It tastes terrible.

a friend described the taste as "watered down jizz"

^^OMG!!!! LOL
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member

I agree with this. No idea wtf happens to it from the shell to the bottle.
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    I have no idea what y'all are talking about. Coconut water is delicious, especially fresh from the coconut. But some of the brands have crummy packaging, avoid plastic bottles! They make the entire drink taste like melting styrofoam. Vita coco uses the lined paper carton and there are the canned brands too. These styles taste actually taste like coconut juice!
  • fitcolette
    fitcolette Posts: 67
    So going to try it in a smoothie...I bought a twelve pack of the crap and don't want to waste it :frown:
  • feathernaut
    feathernaut Posts: 66 Member
    I don't like it either. I've tried different flavors and nope, nothing. I always regret spending the money.
  • fitcolette
    fitcolette Posts: 67
    I have no idea what y'all are talking about. Coconut water is delicious, especially fresh from the coconut. But some of the brands have crummy packaging, avoid plastic bottles! They make the entire drink taste like melting styrofoam. Vita coco uses the lined paper carton and there are the canned brands too. These styles taste actually taste like coconut juice!

It's the Vita coco that I have and it's just nasty!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    I love the stuff....it's best fresh from the coconut, but I think the vita coco is pretty darned good. My guess is you were probably expecting something sweeter like coconut cream or milk
  • raiderzara
    raiderzara Posts: 55 Member
    It's great for a hangover. ;) Also for hydrating after long, hot workouts. I like the Zico brand the best - especially the chocolate and tropical flavors. If you can't stomach it straight, mix it in your protein powder or smoothie instead of milk or plain water.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    I LOVE the taste. My kids don't like the plain, but they do like the flavored kind. O.N.E. has pineapple, mango, and pink guava flavors. They're about 80 calories a serving.
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    I LOVE coconut water. I buy Vita Coco, O.N.E. and Zico brand. I only like the pure, unflavored ones though. I hate when its mixed with other stuff. Best source of potassium you will find in a natural drink. I add salt to make it a better sports drinks for my long workouts.
  • DoncasterPhotography
    DoncasterPhotography Posts: 147 Member
    I can't drink it either.
    It tastes terrible.

a friend described the taste as "watered down jizz"

I DID like it...........
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member

This.

Also, even straight from the actual coconut there is a variance in the sweetness of the juice. I've had a watered down coconut and also a very sweet coconut so, like fruits, there seems to be a variance of sweetness depending on the tree/time of year. They must harvest the ones for packaging at a bad time, or something.