Sitting at my computer crying.

Options

Replies

• dltaylorii
    dltaylorii Posts: 132
    Options
    OH no, What is wrong with him? Oh never mind, I know, he is MALE.

Haha. Cause men are all the stupid!

Huzzah for male bashing.
  • indyducks
    indyducks Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Ugh!! Men! This is why my husband is not allowed to wash any of my clothes.

He didn't wash hers... He washed his own! Hers just got in the way.... :-) lol
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Ugh!! Men! This is why my husband is not allowed to wash any of my clothes.

He didn't wash hers... He washed his own! Hers just got in the way.... :-) lol

:laugh:
  • 4jamaica
    4jamaica Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    For the jeans, you may consider trying RIT dye remover (to get out all the color left so that they will dye better) and then dyeing them black or even a bright trendy color. It would cost less than $10 and be worth it if you love them enough :) I'm about to do a similar thing with a dress I bought for $15. Love the dress, hate the color, so I've purchased a nice pink and plan to use the stovetop method (more consistent color).

My grandmother did this all the time growing up. People thought she had tons of clothes. Nope, she just kept dyeing them different colors!
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Coloured jeans are in this year. I'd try to save them! But I'd be shopping too. I just went bargain hunting today since some of my clothes are too big but I'm still planning on losing more.
  • dgirldance
    dgirldance Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Go pop some tags girl! :glasses:
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    This doesn't count as motivation and probably not support, but didn't know where else to put it. Since we are both retired my husband and I both do our own laundry. Last night before I went to bed I washed a load of most of my clothes and some tops I really liked that I finally can wear. When I got up I went down to the basement to put my clothes in the dryer and I couldn't find them, but my husband was washing a load. I went up and asked what he did with my clothes. He didn't even check and put a load of white clothes on top of them and added bleach. All I have left to wear are a few pairs of crop pants and shirts that are several sizes to big. I hate to go out and buy new clothes while I am still losing weight so I guess goodwill here I come. I will miss my one pair of jeans that fit the best the most.

DYE them. Dye your best fitting jeans black. Or bleach them out entirely and dye them a fun fashion-color.
  • zedgt87
    zedgt87 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    simple solution is do your husbands laundry if you don't want mistakes like this other wise prepare your self for the mistakes.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Second hand/consignment shops can have some great stuff for great prices. Take a few bucks and find an even BETTER fitting pair of jeans! Chances are likely those were getting too big anyway!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    simple solution is do your husbands laundry if you don't want mistakes like this other wise prepare your self for the mistakes.

NO NO NO Not this ^^^.. This is what they want. I swear they purposely screw this stuff up so we'll take over! LOL

I'm just kidding. Yes, doing the laundry is one way to avoid future trauma.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    For the jeans, you may consider trying RIT dye remover (to get out all the color left so that they will dye better) and then dyeing them black or even a bright trendy color. It would cost less than $10 and be worth it if you love them enough :) I'm about to do a similar thing with a dress I bought for $15. Love the dress, hate the color, so I've purchased a nice pink and plan to use the stovetop method (more consistent color).

My grandmother did this all the time growing up. People thought she had tons of clothes. Nope, she just kept dyeing them different colors!

This!!!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Stories like this make me happy my husband is too lazy to "help".
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    a mistake like that is worth soooooo many foot rubs!

That and he takes you on a shopping trip - in French, we have a saying that goes a bit like "if he breaks it, he pays for it" ;)
  • dooplegoon
    dooplegoon Posts: 66
    Options
    Oh man! I once accidentally got a red shirt in with the whites. It wasn't so bad for me to wear pink undies. But my hubby has to change at work sometimes. If your husband feels as bad as I did I bet he will chauffeur you to goodwill and carry your purse while you browse!
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    A lot of comments in here about husbands being stupid/lazy/oh-he-can't-help-it-he's-just-a-man. Kind of a shame, like sitcoms or commercials with the stereotypical oafish, clueless husband/father. I know this is not the most serious thread but reading all that kinda bums me out.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    A lot of comments in here about husbands being stupid/lazy/oh-he-can't-help-it-he's-just-a-man. Kind of a shame, like sitcoms or commercials with the stereotypical oafish, clueless husband/father. I know this is not the most serious thread but reading all that kinda bums me out.

Yeah agree with this.

However, OP, luckily, tie-dye is kind of in this season, so there's that if you feel like the work; also there are lots of mid-season sales on right now (HE SHOULD PAY). Sign up for the e-bulletins or what have you for national stores, sometimes you can get a % off already discounted items just on certain days, & the emails tell you when. Buy with a plan for specific pieces that will all go together. (HE SHOULD PAY.)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Completely agree.

OP this is a really discouraging thing to have happen. I have very few clothes that actually fit me right now and any time that number shrinks for any reason it can be disheartening.

If you can afford it, I would suggest that you do go to Goodwill, but that you also go to a store that you enjoy to buy yourself a couple of new things that you really like. I hope your day gets better. :flowerforyou:
  • iluka52
    iluka52 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Skip the op shop and make him pay!!! You have to have some decent clothes to wear even retired people have to look nice. :flowerforyou:
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Just divorce him.

jking.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Have fun hitting GoodWill up & if you have some other thrift stores hit them up too. I would buy some smaller sized clothes so you have some inspiration pieces to fit into when you get there.