Appetite suppresants-Which do you recommend?

Options
Hi all, I just joined myfitnesspal. I am just starting a workout routine 2x's a week and tracking my food. I'm planning on modifying my diet but I wondering if others out there have tried appetite suppresants? And if you have which one do you recommend? Thanks!

Replies

• iTzzSteLLar
    Options
    i havent had much experience with just appetite suppressants, but ive used oxyelite pro by usplabs on and off and i notice i dont have very many cravings when i take it. but its like $80 for a bottle of 120 capsules at gnc. hope it helps
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Just eat real food, you don't need appetite suppressants. I like to eat foods with a good amount of fat and protein, as they keep me full longer. Don't be afraid to eat!

Check this out to help determine how much you can really eat
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet?hl=short+and+sweet
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    Good food and water suppress my appetite just fine. And maybe a cup of black coffee.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    running...
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I recommend this appetite suppressant: 2 cups of chopped collard greens, blanched for 1-2 minutes, which turns into 1 cup cooked. Add 1 cup blanched carrots. Total: 100 calories that will make you feel full for hours.
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Self control.

You might be more successful easing yourself into a diet instead of just suddenly reducing your daily caloric intake. For example, if you are used to eating 3500 calories/day don't suddenly scale back to 1500/day or else you will feel hungry. Try 3000/day for a week or two, then 2500/day, then 2000/day. This will make transitioning into healthier eating and calorie control a lot easier.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Self control.

You might be more successful easing yourself into a diet instead of just suddenly reducing your daily caloric intake. For example, if you are used to eating 3500 calories/day don't suddenly scale back to 1500/day or else you will feel hungry. Try 3000/day for a week or two, then 2500/day, then 2000/day. This will make transitioning into healthier eating and calorie control a lot easier.

you can tell it's the beginning of summer, threads are everywhere today with new members looking for quick fixes. :noway:
  • italian_bella_xo
    Options
    Good food and water suppress my appetite just fine. And maybe a cup of black coffee.

coffee defiantly! but only for a short time :) but yummy foods a few times a day does the trick.
  • iarelarry
    iarelarry Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Trance music
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    None, go for walk and burn extra cals. If you do that, you can eat food and enjoy your weight loss journey. Oh and be more likely to keep it off.
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    GNC's raspberry keytones for sure. :smile:
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not sure about it being a suppressant but protein keeps you fuller longer?
  • silywabt
    silywabt Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for all the positive comments! It's not about it being summer, I am just now starting my journey and exploring all options.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I just joined myfitnesspal. I am just starting a workout routine 2x's a week and tracking my food. I'm planning on modifying my diet but I wondering if others out there have tried appetite suppresants? And if you have which one do you recommend? Thanks!

Exercise.
  • alison590
    alison590 Posts: 61
    Options
    Detonate by Gaspari. Love this supplement
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Protein bars...or a steak...after I eat those, I don't feel so hungry.
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Vegetables and water....the all natural ones.
  • zahid222
    zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Water. Or nuts, like pistachios or almonds.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Sweat, cuz I'm rarely up to eating after a good workout at the gym or a long walk/run.