SUGAR.

Options
2»

Replies

• PrimalPixie
    PrimalPixie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    .....is a good song by System of a Down. Sorry, I couldn't help myself! That's the first thing I thought of. In all seriousness, I don't worry about my natural sugar intake (from fruit, etc). I usually avoid refined sugar though. To each their own.
  • milesvictors
    milesvictors Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Sugar is GOOD for you! Eat it and eat a lot! But try to make sure it comes from WHOLE FOODS, not bread and cookies. Keep fat under 10% of total calories, protein around 10%, and carbs around 80% (with a LOT of sugar from fruits, veggies, rice, etc) and then get your butt out there and MOVE (cycling, running, dancing, playing with your kids, whatever). Don't clog your system up with animal products, so do this vegan style and you'll succeed. Trust me, it is working for me, and it has worked for EVERYONE who does it this way 100%. And you're never hungry! How can you be when you slam down 10 bananas in a single sitting?
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I used the "head in the sand" approach. Didn't list sugar(s) for a long while in my diary. Only put it on last night for a peek :)
  • Sieden76
    Sieden76 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I took the sugar meter off of my list and many other people have done the same thing, otherwise it will just drive you crazy trying to stay under it. I also stopped counting veggies toward the sugar count.

That was about 2 months ago, now I'm 100% vegan and about 95% raw so I eat mainly fruits and veggies. It's nothing for me to have 200 - 300 grams of carbs / sugars in a day and I'm still losing weight so I wouldn't put too much pressure on yourself to stay under that sugar count.

http://www.30bananasaday.com/
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    My sugar intake is pretty low, I do try to avoid processed sugar in foods and limit fruit to a serve a day (and eat lots of veggies to compensate!).

But even then my sugar can go over the MFP recommendations slightly. Not every day.

As for monitoring sodium...My sodium intake is always over, but as my systolic blood pressure is always 105-110 so I'm not too worried. My diastolic BP reading at the doctor's yesterday was 48 (!).