UHG!!! HELP ME!!!!!

Options
Ok when i first started dieting in january sometime i started off so good and i lost 20 pounds before late march, but then one day sometime in april or may i decided to have a day where i wouldn't eat right and eat whatever i wanted but then the next day i did the same, and "JUNK" day turned into week which turned into month which now turned into almost 4 monthes now and i have gained almost all of my weight back, i always start a meal off now and then say im going back on my diet but then something comes up and i dig into some kind of junk food!!! HELP ME!!!! i need to get back on track!!!

Replies

• kitteerae
    kitteerae Posts: 65
    Options
    Ok when i first started dieting in january sometime i started off so good and i lost 20 pounds before late march, but then one day sometime in april or may i decided to have a day where i wouldn't eat right and eat whatever i wanted but then the next day i did the same, and "JUNK" day turned into week which turned into month which now turned into almost 4 monthes now and i have gained almost all of my weight back, i always start a meal off now and then say im going back on my diet but then something comes up and i dig into some kind of junk food!!! HELP ME!!!! i need to get back on track!!!
  • nat8100
    nat8100 Posts: 17
    Options
    Are you still exercising? Perhaps try to start doing some exercise every day, or up the level if you already are. I feel less like eating junk when I'm exercising and generally more positive.

Plan your meals for the next week and do a shop. Only buy the things you need... if there isn't anything in the house it makes it that little bit harder to cave in.

Remember how good it felt when you did lose the weight? At least you know it is possible and you can do it. It should be easier to reach the same goal second time round! Good luck! :smile:
  • neha
    neha Posts: 67
    Options
    Well.. Will Power. Nothing Else can help. Am struggling to not to take even a sip of coffee. Not that am badly addicted, but i don't want even 1 cup in a day.
    PIck up a chit chat with a freind, when u feel the urge.
    Go for a walk.
    Do not carry much of loose change. It will help u not to buy fatty things on the go.
    Think of the most gorgeous model or star you adore. And imagine the gorgeous clothes she can wear.
    I think of my skin when it comes to coffee, as i get pimples. :P
    I think these funny, yet practical things would work for u.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Try remembering how great you felt when that 20 pounds came off, and maybe THAT will help you get back on track! I'd also suggest getting rid of the junk food too! LOL
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    What if you dropped the word "diet" out of your vocabulary and replace it with a "new life"! Maybe this would give you a more positive mind set :flowerforyou:

You are so young just think how far ahead you will be with having control of your own life :smile:

Be positive and I know you can do it :flowerforyou:
  • shashod
    shashod Posts: 103
    Options
    What if you dropped the word "diet" out of your vocabulary and replace it with a "new life"! Maybe this would give you a more positive mind set :flowerforyou:

I definitely agree, the word diet instantly makes me hungry and feel deprived so I avoid it as much as possible!

Hang in there, you'll get there!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Ugh..been there, done that
    It's not going to be easy, but you need to take one day at a time...I always find when changing my diet...it's the first few days that are brutal..then you really do get used to (and actually enjoy) eating better/less

TRY to stay as busy/active as possible..out of the house and away from food
    before you put 'junk' in your mouth....thing long and hard if it's worth it and make sure to be accountable by adding it to your food journal

Good luck with getting back on track!
    Kim
  • eHarris
    eHarris Posts: 160
    Options

I definitely agree, the word diet instantly makes me hungry and feel deprived so I avoid it as much as possible!

Hang in there, you'll get there!

LMBO, ok ....I'm reading the posts....hit the word diet and my tummy instantly starts grumbling. That was too funny!

I agree with the others hun! You gotta look at it as a better life. Sometimes we all hit that snag where we feel we've gone to far towards the deep end. Thing is even if you doggy paddle you'll get back to the shallow water! Take things one day at a time and start new every morning.

So you were struggling yesterday and you broke down and ate four doughnuts (I'm not suggesting this at all :wink: ), you wake up today, look yourself in the mirror and say ...."Yesterday I felt I needed that, maybe it wasn't right but its done now so Today I'm going to try a bit harder" eventually the "trying" part just falls away. Just keep in mind its never going to be 100%, life isn't that simple!