What foods don't agree with you?

Options
I am wondering how prevalent food sensitives and allergies are. I don't have any allergies to foods, but I've had to cut out some foods that bother me:

Sugar, Sucralose & other sweeteners, except stevia: migraines
Soy, Dairy, Greasy foods (like sausage and butter), Soda and Chinese Food (takeout): digestive problems
Kiwi Fruit and Walnuts: hurt my tongue, feels like I got a fish hook in my tongue.

Have you had to cut something out that doesn't agree with you?

Replies

• missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Nuts... in very small portions every now and then its okay, but weekly, forget-ta-bout-it! Itchy tongue, lips tingle, and I break out in hives. Been tested for allergies and somehow they missed this one!
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Wheat gives me pimples :sad:

I still eat it occasionally and suffer with the after effects though.
  • RAGGEDYANN1970
    RAGGEDYANN1970 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Oreos don't agree with me. I keep saying NO, they keep saying YES!!! :laugh:

seriously, though, i have problems when i eat too much red meat. only recently has this been a problem, so i've cut way back (which i guess i needed to do anyway...)
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I knew a lady who was allergic to chocolate. Now that would be sad.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Straight bacon and tomatoes. I LOVE bacon as an addition to a meal, like on salads or with pasta. But straight pieces of bacon make me want to barf. And the way the grease coats your mouth. YUCK! I know I probably sound crazy to a lot of people but I just don't like it. Tomatoes is a textural thing. I just can't stand it even though I like the taste. Otherwise I don't have an sensitivities that I know of. Maybe I could get hypnotized since all my problems are in my head and then I wouldn't have problems with any foods!
  • rachso
    rachso Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have a SEVERE tree nut allergy. Pecans can and have sent me to the hospital in shock. Not jsut the actual not..but any flavorings. Almond extract was accidentally dropped on my skin while cooking Christmas cookies one day and the swelling/rash appeared instantly. Other nuts make me dizzy, get a headache and feel as though I will pass out. I even have to be picky about shampoo/conditioners or my entire head breaks out. If it says manufactured in a facility that may contain tree nuts I skip it..cnt take chances my allergy is that severe. Sad to cause it's one of the healthiest foods out there.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I have no known allergies not even seasonal so far Im 29 and counting so if Im going to have any I think they would have shown up already , but spearmint, aspartame, sucralose give me headaches, dizziness, upset stomach.

Other than that nothing else .
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Anything fried, most all preservatives and I just realized today, corn. Oh and I'm allergic to coconut.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    anchovies unfriended me on facebook.
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I used to live off of Olives, any kind I loved. Now I get major digestive issues from them!
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Eggs
    Bananas
    Peanut butter
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    frosted pretzels and mojo bars. something in them makes me wake up the next morning with stomach flu like symptoms.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Red meat.

6-12 hours after eating it... well it can only be described as an assplosion. :P
  • nikilis
    Options
    politically I am at odds with jacket potatoes.
  • justwebby
    justwebby Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes make my stomach all kinds of unhappy and I've actually had it cause a tingly feeling in my throat/on my tongue. I now avoid foods with tomato products/substitute for non-tomato when I can (e.g. white pizzas, Alfredo sauces, pesto sauce on a sandwich instead of a tomato spread). I've found I actually enjoy eating pizza now that it doesn't have the tomato sauce, so that's a win in my book. :D
  • tennyllia4
    tennyllia4 Posts: 36
    Options
    DAIRY IS JUST TERRIBLE FOR MY BODY-SERIOUS BLOAT/GASTRO ISSUES. OATS - JUST NOW FINDING OUT THAT THEY ARE THE MAIN CULPRIT FOR MY HEADACHES, POSSIBLY GLUTIN SENSITIVE** SO IS THERE ANYTHING LEFT TO EAT? ... OFTEN SEEMS LIKE- NOT SO MUCH SO.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Broccoli gives me horrible stomach pain. Whenever I eat it, I feel like I a bag of pointy rocks are sitting in my stomach. Also, peanuts and unfermented soy give me eczema.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    kiwi itches my tongue
  • nikilis
    Options
    as a "spiritual but not religious" affiliate, I have no ideological common ground with Eucharists.
  • cholly711
    cholly711 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Cilantro- not crazy about the flavor and after I eat it I feel like I have the flu.